• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

TOKYO METRO - The Train Is NEVER Late

Started by #Metro, June 22, 2017, 19:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

Not automated.

1 min 50 sec between trains.

Timing punctuality to the second.

Intuitive no-instrument train speed determination

Check out their waist-height platform screen doors. Doors seem rather wide so perhaps even if the train is not perfectly aligned, people can still get on and off??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkU6tmdImY
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

300LA

It's amazing how well the Tokyo Metro runs.

The platform doors allow some over/under running if the train doesn't stop in the perfect location. But for memory not every line has them. I believe they're rolling them out progressively, but some lines have inconsistent rollingstock (i.e. 2, 3 or 4 doors per car per side). They're standardising on the 3 door car in order to finish rolling out the platform doors.

Fun fact, the yamanote circle line (technically rail not metro) used to have 6doors/car/side. Brings a new meaning to cattle class.

Also regarding their ontime running. Another useful feature they have is notifications in each carriage. If there happens to be a delay on the network, there are live updates with est delay times.

SteelPan

:co3 and who are you...living in the Land of Oz to be wanting anything, even remotely, approaching this type of infrastructure standard and operation.....

a bus running 2 times a day through your sprawling suburb is good enough! AND....there's MORE, we're soon to release Super Transport Options 2035.....with a glossy front image!!!!

Move along...watch a "football game".........LOOK....someone just kicked a piece of inflated cow-hide.......how exciting......

SEQ, where our only "fast-track" is in becoming the rail embarrassment of Australia!   :frs:

BrizCommuter

Whilst the Japanese rail system is amazing - trains do run late!

petey3801

Yep, experienced that myself a couple months ago! Fantastic service, but things still happen, including line suspensions, which I was caught up in!
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

🡱 🡳