Queensland UTC +10
Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Links

Author Topic: TOKYO METRO - The Train Is NEVER Late  (Read 491 times)

Offline #Metro

• DON'T SIGN! DON'T RENEW!!
TOKYO METRO - The Train Is NEVER Late
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:59 PM »
Not automated.

1 min 50 sec between trains.

Timing punctuality to the second.

Intuitive no-instrument train speed determination

Check out their waist-height platform screen doors. Doors seem rather wide so perhaps even if the train is not perfectly aligned, people can still get on and off??

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:35:49 PM by #Metro »
Negative people... have a problem for every solution.
Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members. Not affiliated with, paid by or in conspiracy with MTR/Metro.

Offline 300LA

Re: TOKYO METRO - The Train Is NEVER Late
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
It's amazing how well the Tokyo Metro runs.

The platform doors allow some over/under running if the train doesn't stop in the perfect location. But for memory not every line has them. I believe they're rolling them out progressively, but some lines have inconsistent rollingstock (i.e. 2, 3 or 4 doors per car per side). They're standardising on the 3 door car in order to finish rolling out the platform doors.

Fun fact, the yamanote circle line (technically rail not metro) used to have 6doors/car/side. Brings a new meaning to cattle class.

Also regarding their ontime running. Another useful feature they have is notifications in each carriage. If there happens to be a delay on the network, there are live updates with est delay times.

Offline SteelPan

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »
 :co3 and who are you...living in the Land of Oz to be wanting anything, even remotely, approaching this type of infrastructure standard and operation.....

a bus running 2 times a day through your sprawling suburb is good enough! AND....there's MORE, we're soon to release Super Transport Options 2035.....with a glossy front image!!!!

Move along...watch a "football game".........LOOK....someone just kicked a piece of inflated cow-hide.......how exciting......

If urban rail was a sports stadium - there'd be a station on every corner!  Keep it LOUD for Pro-Rail!  :pr

Online BrizCommuter

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 03:50:43 PM »
Whilst the Japanese rail system is amazing - trains do run late!

Offline petey3801

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
Yep, experienced that myself a couple months ago! Fantastic service, but things still happen, including line suspensions, which I was caught up in!
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan