• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Transit Visualisation Client (now with real-time)

Started by SurfRail, June 06, 2016, 15:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurfRail

http://tracker.geops.ch/?z=9&s=1&x=17035740.4306&y=-3178332.7206&l=transport

In case you want to get a rough idea of how many services are actually running to time.  The Gold Coast network isn't performing terribly well at time of posting.  (Few odd results, like one tram showing up as being 10 hours behind schedule.)

Appears to be relaying real-time data for rail, G:Link and most bus operators.  No real time reporting for ferries, Bus Qld (Ipswich/Park Ridge), Hornibrook, Bribie Island or a certain large Brisbane based government bus operator...
Ride the G:

SurfRail

^ Interestingly SEQ appears to be the only region with real-time enabled, despite all the other major systems around the country being plotted and showing timetabled services and most of those have a real-time feed now.
Ride the G:

aldonius

As I type this most trams are showing up as about 10 hours off schedule. A number of services are showing up as about 25 minutes ahead of schedule — clearly these should be ~5 minutes behind.

So, a few bugs left to iron out still.

SurfRail

I just checked a Nambour train which went from being a few minutes behind at Elimbah to about 2 hours behind at Beerburrum, so definitely buggy.

Be really nice if they could get the vehicle IDs to show.  Triptastic gives you this but it isn't available for us unfashionable Android users  :thsdo, and I don't know of any apps which do include that.  (TransitTimes gives you the trip code from the feed but doesn't seem to give you the vehicle.)  The Cairns specific system has had this from day 1.
Ride the G:

SurfRail

The railways are currently showing interpolated (scheduled) running.

Interestingly the map is showing Kippa-Ring services!
Ride the G:

🡱 🡳