Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Author Topic: Call for Bus Stop realignment for Benowa Village  (Read 2129 times)

Offline verbatim9

Call for Bus Stop realignment for Benowa Village
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:22:26 PM »
Visited Benowa Village today and experienced a long walk from the bus stop to Benowa Village. This place is recently completed and you would think an indented bustop would be included out front of the centre to allow people to use the centre with PT. But no its a 6 min walk away crossing heavy traffic at major intersection.  (Roundabout)  An extra stop can easily be made on Ross St outside the centre for the 740.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:02:16 PM by verbatim9 »

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
Re: Call for Bus Stop realignment for Benowa Village
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »
Not on Ross St - there isn't any suitable crossing point to reach a bus stop on the southbound side of Ross St.

I have asked GCCC if the bus stops on Warrungen Way (738 and 741) can be re-sited to Ashmore Road to provide bus stops adjacent to the centre itself.  That would likely be more useful for the majority of people.

The roundabout is also going to be replaced with signals in the near future which will make things easier in the interim.
Ride the G:

Offline verbatim9

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:05:54 AM »
Sounds like a reasonable solution

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »
An eastbound bus stop has now been constructed out the front.  With the signals now in commission at Ashmore and Currumburra this is no longer an issue.   :-t

Not sure about westbound.  There is room for that, albeit it might be a bit of a walk back to the intersection and across the road, but it can't be any closer.

I still think the 738/741 bus stops should also be relocated though.

I'm almost disappointed to see the roundabout go.  Used to go through there on nearly a daily basis growing up.  I am an "alumnus" of Ashmore Primary School's pre-school further up Currumburra Road.  Dad worked in the indoor cricket place further up near Ashmore City and all during primary school (which was located elsewhere) we would end up back there in the afternoon until he finished work.  Then I attended high school in Southport and was again passing through there all the time.  I've almost got what you could call muscle memory and so going through a right turn signals felt rather odd without swinging around to the left first.
Ride the G:

Offline verbatim9

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 07:15:57 PM »
Cool! that is great news 👍

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan