• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Greens: SC Regional Council PT Policy.

Started by Arnz, February 21, 2016, 12:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnz

http://itsyoursunshinecoast.com/our-vision-for-the-sunshine-coast/its-your-transport-system/

QuoteTHE GREENS: CONNECTING PEOPLE AND PLACES

Get the Light Rail back on track
Commit to delivering stage 1 of the Light Rail from Maroochydore to Kawana Hospital/Town Centre before congestion becomes a major issue.
Work closely with stakeholders such as local businesses and the community to maximise the benefit of the Light Rail.
Reduce the final cost of the project by finalising the route and making necessary upgrades and construction as sections of the route undergo routine upgrades.
Work with State and Federal governments to secure funding.
Expanding night link and Hinterland services
Work with the State Government to deliver night link bus services to and from key Sunshine Coast hubs
Work with private sector transport operators and local businesses to deliver cost effective transport options to improve access to and from popular entertainment precincts.
Expand Hinterland bus services to connect Hinterland communities, boosting tourism and unlocking opportunities for Hinterland residents.
Pedestrian and bicycle pathways
Expanding the number of separated pedestrian and bicycle pathways to improve safety and provide alternative methods of moving around our region.
Improve the connectivity of bicycle lanes and pathways to improve safety and increase speed and ease of movement across our region.
Delivering footpaths
Reducing congestion on our roads
Focus on improving traffic flow with cost effective solutions over expensive road expansions.
Work with State and Federal governments to implement a smart roads regional strategy to improve traffic flow, road safety, and reduce traffic stress.
Cheaper Public Transport
Negotiate with the State Government to change the Brisbane-centric Translink Fare structure with zones focused locally rather than out of Brisbane.
Investigate the feasibility of delivering free public transport for child, concession, and seniors go card holders.
Work with the State Government to deliver free public transport during major events on the Sunshine Coast.
Improving safety, accessibility, and comfort
Delivering cost effective lighting solutions for pedestrian and cycle pathways, bus stops, carparks  and taxi ranks.
Ensure that pathways, bus stops, carparks, and taxi ranks have appropriate accessibility for people of varying ability.
Reduce discomfort by ensuring access to places to sit, drinking fountains, and toilet facilities.
Heavy Rail back on track
Lobby the State and Federal governments to deliver the heavy rail duplication between Beerburrum and Nambour, and deliver a heavy rail link into Maroochydore or fund the expansion of the light rail out to the Nambour Line.
Delivering key transport infrastructure to reduce congestion, pollution, and transport stress across our region is a priority for Your Green Team.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Arnz

Agree with most policies except a few.

However Stage 1 LR should be between Maroochydore and Mooloolaba and Stage 2 being Mooloolaba to SC(P)UH via Kawana Shoppingworld. 

I don't agree with the LR going out to Nambour considering the rural nature (and sparsely populated areas) alongside the existing 610 route, I would suggest the 'vapourware CAMCOS' to Caloundra only with the LR linking to it from Kawana ahead of the LR proposals to Nambour).

With the lockout laws coming into place in 2017 (Fortunately the SC night precincts of Mooloolaba and Ocean Street has a designated 3am last drinks call), I would say re-time the existing late night services in line with closing/lockout times and maintain them at hourly (keeping the security guards on services after midnight).

As for the local zones, though I do personally like the idea in theory (but retaining the integrated fares for those that connect to the QR network).  I'd strongly suggest that they, like their counterparts in Brisbane, wait until the fare review is finished.  Especially if the ALP state government does take on the suggestion of merging 23 zones to 8 zones (in turn making it cheaper for those within the SC zones that regularly travel up and down the coast on trunk routes 600 or 620).

Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

🡱 🡳