• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

How much free can I get?

Started by achiruel, February 12, 2016, 17:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achiruel

So, due to an unusual combination of events I've actually completed 9 go card trips this week (usually I drive to work because of starting times that don't agree with PT, but I've been on later starts this week).

I'm out to see how much free transport I can get through on one weekend. I figure I may as well make the most of it, because hopefully it'll be gone after the fare review.

First trip is from Loganlea to Tweed Heads and return this evening.

I'll update back here with future plans.

achiruel

Train departed Loganlea 1 minute early at 6:09pm. SMU293 leading. Didn't note trailing unit.

achiruel

Train was 4 minutes late into Varsity Lakes at 6:55pm, due having to wait at the single track section. I thought it would be a tight transfer to board the 6:59pm 760, but the bus came 9 minutes late anyhow. Currently flat out on the M1. No seatbelt is a bit scary!

verbatim9

Quote from: achiruel on February 12, 2016, 19:13:44 PM
Train was 4 minutes late into Varsity Lakes at 6:55pm, due having to wait at the single track section. I thought it would be a tight transfer to board the 6:59pm 760, but the bus came 9 minutes late anyhow. Currently flat out on the M1. No seatbelt is a bit scary!

I have done the Tweed trip its nice in the afternoons you can do a walk from Tweed Mall around Fingal head up to Dbar then down to Coolangatta. If you have enough time go further South to Tweed City Aldi they sell liquor there. Apparently cant use your Go Card on that section though :( (Watch your phone as it switches back and forth from Daylight Saving time there on the border.)

achiruel

My free trip ended up costing me $5! When I boarded the 700 back to Broadbeach, the right-hand go card reader didn't work so I used the one near the driver and it charged me the fixed fare 😕

Anyway, I took the 700 to Palm Beach then changed to the 777, never been on the decker before, except I got off one stop early  :-[, but not a big deal it wasn't far to walk to the next stop. There was a couple of real drunk guys on the 777 luckily they were the happy drunks. Their loud singing was a bit unbearable though  :P

verbatim9

Quote from: achiruel on February 12, 2016, 21:25:36 PM

Anyway, I took the 700 to Palm Beach then changed to the 777, never been on the decker before, except I got off one stop early  :-[, but not a big deal it wasn't far to walk to the next stop.

Should of used the next stop function on the improved Translink App. Guaranteed to get off at the right stop 😜

Thats annoying that a default fare was charged probably didnt touch off prior to that trip properly.  I still think those double deckers should be used only for tourist runs and the 777 replaced with busses similar to  the new Brisbane busses or Double axle and or articulated busses with internal PIDs with next stop and tourist info/video like skybus Melbourne.

achiruel

I was using the TransLink app I just forgot which stop 777 used.

Edit: so it seems my failed to touch off fare was because I cancelled touch on on the 760 at Varsity Lakes. It's interesting because at every stop after that the driver waved people on because the go card reader wasn't working.
Might have been nice if he'd told me that :/

Also, the GO card reader on the bus from GCUH back to Helensvale station on the way home wasn't working either. I could've had a free trip, only I wasn't paying for it anyway :P

Anyhow, I've applied to TL for a refund, let's see what happens  :bna:

achiruel

I've not been good at keeping this updated. Yesterday I took the 553 to Hyperdump, 282 to Redland Bay Marina, the ferry around SMBI, 250 to Carindale, 222 to Cultural Centre, Blue Glider to West End, had dinner with a couple of mates at Boundary St markets, we wandered around South Bank for a while then train back home.

🡱 🡳