Media release 1st January 2016SEQ: Our key priorities for 2016!
RAIL Back On Track (http://backontrack.org
) a web based community support group for rail and public transport and an advocate for public transport passengers has outlined some key priorities for public transport in 2016.
Robert Dow, Spokesman for RAIL Back On Track said:
"Our key priorities for 2016 are:
1. Fare review completed - new fare structure implemented by July 2016? (1)
2. Bus network reform achieved. (2)
3. Commencement of works - track amplification Beerburrum to Landsborough North. (3)
4. Automatic train protection (ATP - ETCS L2) for suburban network project commenced. (4)
"The references below expand on each of these."
"With council elections early in 2016, and the recent appointment of Mr Stirling Hinchliffe as Transport Minister, we are optimistic that there will be real gains for public transport this year."
1. SEQ: Fare unaffordability crisis continues - Time for fare action --> http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=11805.0
2. SEQ: Time to overhaul the Brisbane bus network --> http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=11649.0
3. SEQ: Government must set timetable for Nambour track duplication & CAMCOS --> http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=11700.0
4. SEQ: Suburban rail network needs Automatic Train Protection too! --> http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=9832.0
RAIL Back On Track http://backontrack.org