Queensland UTC +10
Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Links

Author Topic: Paris incidents  (Read 1141 times)

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
Paris incidents
« on: November 14, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »
Media Statements
Premier and Minister for the Arts
The Honourable Annastacia Palaszczuk
Saturday, November 14, 2015

Statement from Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk

The thoughts and prayers of all Queenslanders go out to those affected by the tragedy unfolding in Paris.

I would like to reassure Queenslanders that there is no known specific threat to Queensland at this time.

I have been advised that the terror alert level in Queensland – particularly for our police – remains at high- as it was previous to this harrowing news.

Detectives and intelligence officers are continuing to conduct threat assessments around the clock in conjunction with their interstate, federal and international counterparts.

Queenslanders concerned about loved ones in Paris should contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade on 1300 555 135.
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Bob's Blog  Instagram   Facebook  @ozbob13@mastodon.social

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
Re: Paris incidents
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »
Brisbanetimes --> Paris attacks: Many dead after shootings, multiple blasts in France capital

Offline verbatim9

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »
http://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something

In the USA nationwide on all modes of public transport airports etc... They have audio and led screen announcements "If you See something Say something". I think we should adopt the same awareness campaign here in Australia, nationwide. The slogan is quite catchy and makes a defined statement.

Offline James

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »
http://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something

In the USA nationwide on all modes of public transport airports etc... They have audio and led screen announcements "If you See something Say something". I think we should adopt the same awareness campaign here in Australia, nationwide. The slogan is quite catchy and makes a defined statement.

There's already a catchphrase like that floating around in Australia's security network (I think on advertisements and posters), but it is never once mentioned by QR. Instead they insist on rattling off about not leaving bags unattended etc. which everyday users have probably already turned off to. Airports are crawling with security. Terrorists could still get explosives past security if they were too determined, but it is much harder these days. It is easier for them to target PT and other public venues.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 05:22:29 AM »
Twitter

NPR ‏@NPR 25s

#ParisAttacks UPDATE: 129 dead/352 injured/99 critical condition. 3 arrests made in Belgium. http://n.pr/1N3RVpf 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan