• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Below rail planning and infrastructure

Started by johnnigh, July 25, 2008, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnigh

I've only just discovered (silly me) that Queensland Transport owns all the rail rights of way and complementary infrastructure, and is responsible for such things as road bridges across rail lines. Neither Main Roads nor local councils are involved as managers of these bridges. QT's Rail, Ports and Freight division runs the show. I wonder if this is the reason bridges such as the dreadfully sub-standard one connecting Sherwood Rd across the Corinda-Moolabin line appear to miss out on re-surfacing jobs done by BCC on the rest of Sherwood Rd?

Local member, Ronan Lee is currently campaigning for improvements to pedestrian and cycle access from Sherwood to Oxley Creek Common, across the dreaded bridge. This bridge is a danger to peds and cyclists, sub-standard lane width and a ridiculous footpath across the bridge and down to the Rocklea side, on the wrong side of the road for the Common, with no BCC ped crossing facility either. See Ronan's website if you are interested in supporting his campaign: www.ronanleemp.com

The relevant email for issues regarding planning for upgrading rail rights of way is railports&freight@transport.qld.gov.au (note that the address includes railports&)

;) :-[ :-\

🡱 🡳