• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

All Door Bus Boarding for Brisbane - discussions

Started by #Metro, March 15, 2015, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbatim9

Fare Gates can be remotely monitored off peak. A call button can be placed inside and outside the fare Gates for issues. They can be opened remotely by an operator answering the call button while monitoring the gates and the person in question. If it's a repeat offender trying to get through for free? They have that person on camera.

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

verbatim9

I have noticed when I caught the 370 bus last Saturday that the bus driver was already letting people on and off through the front door. It makes a lot of difference having the front door operational again together with the rear door.

verbatim9

I assume that we will seamlessly go to all door boarding without the need of an education campaign? This is  because people have already been boarding through the rear door for the last year or so.

Cazza

Just heard that drivers have received conformation that All-Door boarding is now in place and the front seat is back open for passengers. The "rear door boarding" stickers and other deals will be removed over the coming days.

Hopefully this will be here to stay.

SurfRail

There appears to be no indication this is network wide though.  The other operators appear to have reverted to front door entrance only over the past few months and the readers have been reset accordingly, which is utterly ridiculous.  TransLink needs to show some backbone, but when they can't even enforce basic livery standards for the fleet that is out there with their name on it nothing surprises me.
Ride the G:

verbatim9

Thank heavens for all door boarding. Boarded a packed 130 outbound bus at Altandi yesterday. I am grateful that we have all door boarding now. There was no way I would be able to board that bus otherwise.

#Metro

I'm confused. Is this official? I thought that everything was going back to front door only?

I really would like this to be an official TransLink thing (or at the very least BCC thing) along with scrapping cash permanently across the entire network.

(remember there are new mutant variants around, only a matter of time before a resistant one to the current vax will break through IMHO)

Would it be possible to get some sort of official position on this? Also, perhaps consider a virtual Go Card that you can put on your android or iphone wallet and swipe as well?

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

verbatim9

Quote from: #Metro on November 26, 2021, 19:16:45 PM

I'm confused. Is this official? I thought that everything was going back to front door only?

I really would like this to be an official TransLink thing (or at the very least BCC thing) along with scrapping cash permanently across the entire network.

(remember there are new mutant variants around, only a matter of time before a resistant one to the current vax will break through IMHO)

Would it be possible to get some sort of official position on this? Also, perhaps consider a virtual Go Card that you can put on your android or iphone wallet and swipe as well?
People have been boarding from the rear and front doors from what I have observed and experienced while catching BCC buses over the last week. In other jurisdictions it's front only.

SteelPan

Pretty sure B4 Covid all-door was allowed on NON-cash fare buses....going forward, I'd suggest all Translink Buses stay Non-
Cash and allow all-door! In tourist areas facilities for new arrivals to easily acquire GoCards is obviously key!
SEQ, where our only "fast-track" is in becoming the rail embarrassment of Australia!   :frs:

#Metro

You should just be able to download a go card to your phone.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Gazza

Otto

Sorry I havn't been on for a while... It is policy with TfB for all door boarding since Nov 18
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

James

They need to really work on the comms with this one... I've been on a number of bus services over the past week / free travel weekend ( :bg: ) and it is not consistent as to whether the driver only opens the front door, opens the back door, or opens both. It needs to be consistent, otherwise it makes for an awkward experience.

It isn't helped by the change being 'soft launched', meaning a lot of passengers are still boarding via the rear door, even though it is narrower. A number of BCC buses also still have the "Enter at front door" stickers beside the rear door - not that anybody reads those.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

🡱 🡳