• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

LNP's 2015 Election Policies

Started by ozbob, January 12, 2015, 15:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnz

Quote from: Gazza on January 28, 2015, 18:34:16 PM
I think Landsborough is a poor long term choice in the long term, because Beerburrum will be the station with more services in the future.

I think you meant Beerwah.

And seeing no major party has committed to CAMCOS, Landsborough car parking extensions would likely be needed in the medium term when CAMCOS is well down on the list of priorities in both major parties.  The no of cars parked on the streets of Landsborough varies heavily throughout the year.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

pandmaster

Quote from: ozbob on January 28, 2015, 14:10:35 PM
Mr Newman said passengers had been calling for more car parks around train stations and bus hubs, and the LNP had already scrapped Labor's shortsighted policy banning park n' rides within 10 kilometres of the city.

:fp:

SurfRail

Quote from: BrizCommuter on January 28, 2015, 17:55:37 PM
Quote from: SurfRail on January 28, 2015, 15:03:02 PM

I wouldn't do anything for Mitchelton, because it would be easier to take the long view and sink the entire line between Enoggera and Oxford Park to wipe out 4 LXs and provide a new town centre all in one hit.
If you sunk the line through Gaythorne, you would be creating a level crossing!

More I think about it, the more it seems to make sense to me to look at lowering the line as far back as Alderley, which would mean a shallower road overbridge at South Pine Rd.  Enoggera would have a concourse at ground level, and dive just after it and make a beeline for the straight just after Glen Holm St on the other side of Mitchelton. 

Obviously if they plan on doing anything at Alderley in the short term, as was meant to have been done by now, you would do a more conventional grade sep of South Pine Rd and start to lower the track on the western side leading into Enoggera.

No station at Gaythorne.  Bus services already in the area, its spitting distance from Enoggera and it would cost a fortune to upgrade to DDA compliance (if that's even possible).  Rolling a whole bunch of station upgrades, realignments and LX removals into one could be a way of lowering the cost, combined with releasing a better town-centre site around Mitchelton to help defray some of the costs.  Otherwise, we are looking at numerous individual grade seps over time.

I have little faith anything like this would materialise of course, so it is pure conjecture.
Ride the G:

Stillwater

Landsborough is the busiest station on the SCL.  The whole town is a car park for most of the day.  Traders complain that commuters hog the spaces outside their stores, making it difficult for them to do business.  This is not the situation at Beerwah, but that town may become more clogged with commuter cars if Caloundra South and Halls Creek developments proceed.

Arnz

Quote from: Stillwater on January 28, 2015, 23:13:31 PM
Landsborough is the busiest station on the SCL.  The whole town is a car park for most of the day.  Traders complain that commuters hog the spaces outside their stores

There is 2H Parking limit in the zones outside the shops which is regularly patrolled with parking inspectors on weekdays in the middle of the day.  Any complaints should be less if not a problem now.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Old Northern Road

Narangba, Burpengary, and Bald Hills have only just had expansions to their park n' rides and I can't see there being any room at Bald Hills for any further expansion. Money would be better spent improving bus services or upgrading stations. Speaking of which what about the planned upgrades at Newmarket, Alderley, Graceville and Dinmore? Are they still happening?

Old Northern Road

Quote from: SurfRail on January 28, 2015, 23:11:02 PM
Quote from: BrizCommuter on January 28, 2015, 17:55:37 PM
Quote from: SurfRail on January 28, 2015, 15:03:02 PM

I wouldn't do anything for Mitchelton, because it would be easier to take the long view and sink the entire line between Enoggera and Oxford Park to wipe out 4 LXs and provide a new town centre all in one hit.
If you sunk the line through Gaythorne, you would be creating a level crossing!

More I think about it, the more it seems to make sense to me to look at lowering the line as far back as Alderley, which would mean a shallower road overbridge at South Pine Rd.  Enoggera would have a concourse at ground level, and dive just after it and make a beeline for the straight just after Glen Holm St on the other side of Mitchelton. 

Obviously if they plan on doing anything at Alderley in the short term, as was meant to have been done by now, you would do a more conventional grade sep of South Pine Rd and start to lower the track on the western side leading into Enoggera.

No station at Gaythorne.  Bus services already in the area, its spitting distance from Enoggera and it would cost a fortune to upgrade to DDA compliance (if that's even possible).  Rolling a whole bunch of station upgrades, realignments and LX removals into one could be a way of lowering the cost, combined with releasing a better town-centre site around Mitchelton to help defray some of the costs.  Otherwise, we are looking at numerous individual grade seps over time.

I have little faith anything like this would materialise of course, so it is pure conjecture.
Perhaps an elevated station like Springfield Central might be a better option for Mitchelton.

dancingmongoose

Quote from: Old Northern Road on January 29, 2015, 00:29:47 AM
Speaking of which what about the planned upgrades at Newmarket, Alderley, Graceville and Dinmore? Are they still happening?
Well Graceville has posters of it all over the station so I'd say so

ozbob

Twitter

Scott Emerson ‏@scottemerson 13 minutes ago

Only the LNP will build stage 2 of the light rail for the Gold Coast and deliver the services needed #qldpol

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Twitter

Scott Emerson @scottemerson  ·  5 hours ago

Joined @MarkStewartMP at Coopers Plains level crossing. A re-elected LNP Govt will build new rail overpasses #qldpol

#Metro

The greens are quite good with their policy, but this is a bit of a surprise - we have the SC Line, GC LRT, a few LX crossed off the list, BaT, bus reforms, on top of more train services, not quite bad overall.

:is-
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

techblitz

Quote from: ozbob on January 28, 2015, 17:59:41 PM
Was invited onto 4BC News Talk shortly after 5pm for chat re the LNP public transport announcements today and a few broader issues.

Thanks for the opportunity 4BC and Ben Davis.  Not able to record as I had just got off the 524 and was walking home from the bus stop. Might go up on the 4BC blog later.

Was rational, explained that some park n' ride is needed but also the feeder bus network needs improvements.  Improved frequency and connections.  Outlined today's experience with the non-connection at Goodna with the down train and 524.

Had a good chinwag with a 463 driver this evening...she is cooking a thankyou bbq for all the westside drivers tomorrow(4am start!)....seems they have been doing a lot of overtime recently after losing 12 drivers due to securing a long haul contract to mt isa..

ozbob

I have noted the odd service cancellation.  The problem with the rail/bus connection is not Westside's (Bus Australia) fault but TransLink, timetable is butchered.  Drivers out west are generally a good lot I find.

ozbob

Brisbanetimes --> Jeff Seeney reflects on what went wrong for Newman Government

Quote... The LNP is likely to abandon its asset sales agenda after it failed to win a mandate from Queensland voters, deputy leader Jeff Seeney says.

"I think it is very clear to me and the other senior members I have spoken with that we went to the people of Queensland seeking a mandate for asset leases. We didn't get that mandate," Mr Seeney said ...

And the essential policy platform of the LNP vapourises up in smoke !!

ozbob

James

I think this election result pretty much says 'Don't even think about putting assets out of the public's hands unless you want an electoral king hit'. Sale, lease, rent, whatever it is.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

ozbob

Twitter

Joshua Robertson ‏@jrojourno 6 minutes ago

Assets privatisation plan "dead and buried": LNP state president Bruce McIver tells @612brisbane

Stillwater

C-M reporting that Lawrence Springborg is negotiating with the cross-benchers re forming an LNP Government, but does not want to be party leader in Opposition.  Guess who the C-M is saying is likely to be the 'Stephen Bradbury' winner of LNP leadership? ... None other than Mr Emerson, the transport minister, whose position on anything is that it's Labor's fault.

ozbob

Yes, Scotty has long been in the mix.  Even the so called plan B, where he vacated Indooroopilly for the Major, and Scotty took off to the senate, indicated his committment to the LNP, rather than solving public transport issues ..

I hope Scotty gets it, even Premier ( :P ). I figure we might then end up with a Minister that could actually deliver bus network reform for Brisbane and fare reform for SEQ for openers.

I expect we might have an ALP minority Government tomorrow effectively ..

#Metro

QuoteC-M reporting that Lawrence Springborg is negotiating with the cross-benchers re forming an LNP Government, but does not want to be party leader in Opposition. 

Wow, it is like The Boys Club all exposed? "Does not want to be leader in opposition", oh please!! Springborg already lost on THREE separate occasions - the public have soundly rejected the idea of him being premier, why would it be different in the future? 

There is a general view that Scott Emerson is competent. He would be good, as would Ms Fiona Simpson.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

SurfRail

The issue will need to be resolved and quickly, government needs to start happening again.

With KAP and PW they can at least claim support from 45 seats as at tomorrow.  46 on the basis Maryborough falls to the ALP, 47 if Ferny Grove works out either on the basis a by-election is not required or if they win it.  If against all probability they win Whitsunday too, that gives them government in their own right and cross-bench support with 48 seats against 41.
Ride the G:

achiruel

Quote from: LD Transit on February 04, 2015, 16:26:28 PM
There is a general view that Scott Emerson is competent. He would be good, as would Ms Fiona Simpson.

Simpson, that homophobic bible basher? No thankyou!

ozbob

Twitter

Matt Wordsworth ‏@MattWordsworth 23 seconds ago

Scott Emerson: "I will be nominating at the LNP leadership ballot tomorrow" #qldvotes

dancingmongoose

🡱 🡳