Sent to all outlets:
28th November 2016Public transport failure SEQ
The Transport Authorities' lack of response to the scourge of ad-wrap is symptomatic of the wider issues.
It is as if they have contempt for public transport passengers. Despite constant feedback that ad-wrap is very disorientating for many, and is in fact a genuine security risk they ignore our pleas to remove it. Public transport vehicles have windows for a reason - it is not for ad-wrap.
Public transport in SEQ is headlong into failure. The problems with Queensland Rail were seen to be coming and we highlighted those concerns.
A list of a few more concerns with public transport in SEQ.
1. Organisational structure - a circus of mismanagement with TransLink, Brisbane City Council, Queensland Rail, and the State Government sitting in silos of replication and inefficiency. Politics dominates sound policy. No wonder little actually gets achieved.
2. Brisbane bus network - needs urgent reform.
3. Brisbane Metro - as proposed an absurdity. The State Government has failed to challenge this with the end result that Brisbane ratepayers money is being wasted on a nonsense, and Prime Minister is attempting to link funding of Cross River Rail to the Brisbane ' Metro ' which has to be one of the most perverse outcomes for public transport in SEQ ever!
4. The simple things, like all door boarding on high frequency buses is too hard for Queensland. Logical arrangement of CBD bus stops too hard!
5. Infrastructure stalemate.
6. Failure to convert Victoria Bridge into a bus and active transport bridge only. Massive bus network failure looms.
7. Snail pace fare reform - is to eventually happen, hopefully in January 2017, but we cannot be to confident can we?
8. New Generation Rollingstock trains - clearly problems, trains have been in Queensland since February 2016, none have seen a passenger yet.
9. Failure to clarify fare policy on rail replacement buses - despite assurances that this would be done.
10. Ongoing signalling issues with Petrie - Redcliffe Peninsula line.
Not a pretty list is it? But that spells out the mess it actually is. Want a cash bonus with that?
RAIL Back On Track https://backontrack.org
[ Attached: https://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=10971.msg184102#msg184102