Queensland UTC +10
Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Links

Author Topic: Rome2Rio - COOL Website!  (Read 1434 times)

Offline transnerd

Rome2Rio - COOL Website!
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »
Randomly stumbled upon this website. Not sure if anyone has seen it before

www.rome2rio.com

You can type in a suburb/city to and from and it can tell you how to access via flights, public transport and driving!

For Example, I typed in Cairns to Brisbane QLD and it told me that I can fly there, drive there etc. When choosing to fly there it even gave me what options I had to use in accessing too and from the airports. E.g. it said I can catch the airtrain from Brisbane to the city, said the frequency and how much it will cost. It also said i can taxi and the approximate cost.

It appears they have TransLink data integrated through the translink journey planner. I tried using it on a local scale and it said from Brisbane city to runcorn i can use the 156 or the train, although it appears there are some issues cause it says the 156 frequency is hourly.

Quite an interesting website, thought I would show you all.

Offline joninbrisbane

Re: Rome2Rio - COOL Website!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
So interesting!  Great find!

Offline bcasey

Re: Rome2Rio - COOL Website!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:06:42 AM »
Yeah, I remember checking it out a couple of years ago, while doing some initial research on multimodal trip planners from around the world. At that time GTFS data for Brisbane wasn't available. Pretty clean interface, particularly for the output of journey plans.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan