• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Ferny Grove Line pm peak

Started by BrizCommuter, February 20, 2021, 11:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrizCommuter

After seeing day after the terrible congestion on Samford Road, and zero improvements since the 2014 timetable changes, I decided to write this article:
Ferny Grove Line - the consequences of irregular timetables.
https://brizcommuter.blogspot.com/2021/02/ferny-grove-line-consequences-of.html

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Facebook ...

BrizCommuter: Ferny Grove Line - the consequences of irregular timetables > https://brizcommuter.blogspot.com/2021/02/ferny-grove-line-consequences-of.html

Posted by RAIL - Back On Track on Friday, 19 February 2021
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Cazza

Not to mention congestion on Wardell St Northbound at around 2:30-4:30 each afternoon banking up from Frasers Rd to Samford Rd, a distance of around 1.5kms. And not to mention South Pine Rd northbound always being a crawl from Samford Rd right through Everton Park in the PM peak. The AM peak is just as bad most days with traffic backed up from Flockton St/Rode Rd roundabout all the way through to Samford Rd.

So much for an intersection upgrade hey... It clearly doesn't fix traffic congestion. Proper feeder buses into the (currently abandoned) Enoggera interchange would do wonders, as well as the consistent 7.5 mins for trains.

timh

Good article BC. And as others have hinted at, I think the situation could be vastly improved with a few LX removals (notably at Alderley and Ferny Grove stations)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BrizCommuter

Quote from: timh on February 20, 2021, 13:40:08 PM
Good article BC. And as others have hinted at, I think the situation could be vastly improved with a few LX removals (notably at Alderley and Ferny Grove stations)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Most of the traffic congestion (other than South Pine Road) is not caused by level crossings, it's caused by infrequent public  transport (trains and connecting buses) making people drive. I doubt we will see South Pine Road level crossing replaced until the NWTC is constructed, which will require considerable infrastructure works and property resumptions in that area. If the Ferny Grove Line beyond Alderley is ever to run more than 8tph, for which there are zero plans even after CRR, then many of the level crossings would need to be replaced. If NWTC is constructed, then the Newmarket level crossing would also need to be replaced, which would also be a major project due to the land topography.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: Cazza on February 20, 2021, 11:58:06 AM
So much for an intersection upgrade hey... It clearly doesn't fix traffic congestion. Proper feeder buses into the (currently abandoned) Enoggera interchange would do wonders, as well as the consistent 7.5 mins for trains.
The Samford Rd/Wardell St congestion is now worse than ever, despite the huge sums of money spent on it. Road infrastructure is clearly not the answer.

🡱 🡳