• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Easter 2020 timetable changes

Started by ozbob, April 05, 2020, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Otto

Have to ask, Why do most bus regions (9) in the greater Brisbane area operate a Saturday timetable on April 11, yet 4 regions including Transdev (Redlands) operate a Sunday service ?
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

STB

Quote from: Otto on April 06, 2020, 08:27:11 AM
Have to ask, Why do most bus regions (9) in the greater Brisbane area operate a Saturday timetable on April 11, yet 4 regions including Transdev (Redlands) operate a Sunday service ?

I guess it's within the realm of their respective contracts that the operators themselves can determine what level of service (and hence how many drivers they wish to roster on the day) during certain public holidays.

Otto

Quote from: STB on April 06, 2020, 11:35:43 AM
Quote from: Otto on April 06, 2020, 08:27:11 AM

I guess it's within the realm of their respective contracts that the operators themselves can determine what level of service (and hence how many drivers they wish to roster on the day) during certain public holidays.
Thanks STB.
My point is that TL should set a standard timetable so all regions run to the same days timetable, eg Saturday on Easter Saturday and Sunday on good Friday and Easter Monday. Ideally there would just be a public holiday timetable for each region, but hey, this is Queensland.   
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

SurfRail

^ Correct.  The system is not meant to be there for the operators' convenience.

We need to move to a system where every route runs every day other than CBD peak services, and where the difference between Saturday and Sunday timetables is negligible (eg Sunday differences limited to later starts and earlier finishes with no late nights).
Ride the G:

🡱 🡳