• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

369 Northern Crosstown - what's going on?

Started by #Metro, December 06, 2012, 21:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurfRail

You could just hop off at Ann St, walk through the mall and catch a 370 or one of the other services going that way.
Ride the G:

somebody

Quote from: SurfRail on January 06, 2013, 12:26:08 PM
You could just hop off at Ann St, walk through the mall and catch a 370 or one of the other services going that way.
You can, but it's hardly an attractive service, particularly if you need to get off at the stop before Ivory St.

#Metro

I am pleased to report that passenger loadings on route 369 have improved very much. There were about 10 people with others getting on and off and a few transfers at Kedron Busway as well. This was at early afternoon on a weekday heading towards Toombul.

The key thing is to remove competing routes along the length of the service IMHO.

Photo of proof below.  :)

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Golliwog

I assume you're talking about on the Mitchelton-Stafford/Kedron leg? My understanding was it didn't have many issues with loadings from Stafford/Kedron to Toombul.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

techblitz

369 now = beefed up former bus route 358 which was a poor performing route....369 is a slight improvement on numbers over that former route.

You should see how well the 590 does now especially on weekends!!  :-r

James

Quote from: Golliwog on September 10, 2013, 21:25:44 PM
I assume you're talking about on the Mitchelton-Stafford/Kedron leg? My understanding was it didn't have many issues with loadings from Stafford/Kedron to Toombul.

I believe he's referring to the leg between Stafford/Kedron and Toombul. There was never a problem there, I agree. In fact, I don't like the fact there is no Eagle Junction - DFO connection anymore. I found it very handy, especially given I didn't feel like crossing Sandgate Road and changing at Toombul where due to the removal of a clockface timetable, I didn't know how long the wait I faced was.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

#Metro

I caught the 369 around 5pm today on a Saturday. By the time the bus got to Kedron Brook Busway, there were 13 people on board and quite a few transfers. Pretty good for a weekend early evening and for a route that is in competition with the 375.
This thing is working nicely. Very pleased.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

techblitz

Quote from: Lapdog on November 09, 2013, 20:12:26 PM
I caught the 369 around 5pm today on a Saturday. By the time the bus got to Kedron Brook Busway, there were 13 people on board and quite a few transfers. Pretty good for a weekend early evening and for a route that is in competition with the 375.
This thing is working nicely. Very pleased.
A fair amount of routes do decently saturdays due to the shopping factor anyway. I caught a 174 middayish with about 18 onboard coming into garden city.

369 has been fined tuned well for its current loads. They cut it back...which was needed and the correct decision :-t it does get standee loads on 2 of its trips with the students from kedron high each weekday..

#Metro

I would agree with you, but given that it was around 5 pm and most shops would be closed by then, I don't think shopping factor was a contributor in this case.

techblitz

you didn't state which direction it was headed....if the bus was heading west towards Kedron brook chances are they were coming back from either Toombul or from a 590 dfo connection.
If it was coming from the west then that is positive news....

#Metro

Quoteyou didn't state which direction it was headed....if the bus was heading west towards Kedron brook chances are they were coming back from either Toombul or from a 590 dfo connection.
If it was coming from the west then that is positive news...

Techbitz my friend, it was COMING FROM THE WEST (MITCHELTON).

:-w

I would have taken a photo but my battery was too low it didn't let me.

longboi

Quote from: Lapdog on November 09, 2013, 20:42:28 PM
I would agree with you, but given that it was around 5 pm and most shops would be closed by then, I don't think shopping factor was a contributor in this case.

Workers/shoppers from Brookside and Stafford City?

#Metro

Only 3 people got on at Brookside. None at Stafford City.

🡱 🡳