• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Ross River Rail

Started by SurfRail, May 17, 2012, 09:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurfRail

Rail capacity in Queensland's (second) capital is under threat of being completely occupied by 1950s era locomotive hauled passenger trains and much shorter freight trains than can be hauled elsewhere in the country.

Rather than coming up with a detailed solution to fix the NCL, lengthen passing loops and upgrading terminal capacity, I think there is a much better way to spend the billions of dollars required.

See here -> Ross River Rail Study Area

Ross River Rail will add 50% extra capacity to Townsville's congested railway access from the south, allowing as many as 0.25 extra trains per day to enter the congested inner Townsville network.  Best of all - half of the bridge is already there, leaving much more money for tea breaks and muffins!

Thoughts?

;)
Ride the G:

colinw

I like it, but it needs to be coupled with an underground station in the Townsville CBD.  :hg

Much more useful than an underground station at Geebung.

Time to work up a proposal to take to Infrastructure ATM Australia

Mr X

It needs to be built in single track.
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

ozbob

Hope it is standard gauge, that way double deckers/double stack can be operated as well ...
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

SurfRail

Quote from: ozbob on May 17, 2012, 12:16:47 PM
Hope it is standard gauge, that way double deckers/double stack can be operated as well ...

No, Brunel's GWR 7 foot gauge.  Why limit ourselves!
Ride the G:

ozbob

Quote from: SurfRail on May 17, 2012, 13:47:05 PM
Quote from: ozbob on May 17, 2012, 12:16:47 PM

No, Brunel's GWR 7 foot gauge.  Why limit ourselves!

Quad deckers!  Way to go, who needs frequency??
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

🡱 🡳