• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Fantasy plane

Started by #Metro, June 14, 2011, 13:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

Last week it was the fantasy 'concept' HSR train  ::)
this week it is the plane  ::)  ::)

I expect car to be next week...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/travel/travel-news/seethrough-plane-airbus-reveals-aircraft-of-the-future-20110614-1g15w.html
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

colinw

If we don't get serious about peak oil & sustainable energy sources ...

Personal rapid transit, circa 2100 AD:

If you think I am joking, there has been more than one peer reviewed article suggesting that by 2100 we are on track for per-capita energy budget to fall to around the same level as in 1900.

Stillwater

A see-through plane?  Leaves nothing to the imagination for passengers observing their fellow traveller on the toilet seat!   :-r

somebody

Wonder woman!

This really belongs in the "Wacky Dude" corner, although I thought we were supposed to be the wacky dudes.

SurfRail

Transparent material is in some respects probably the best thing to use as a construction material - if you could reliably manufacture and work with diamond in large quantities, you would have lightweight bodies which would last more or less indefinitely (although there would be options to make it opaque) and be more renewable and resistant to the elements than structural metals like steel.
Ride the G:

🡱 🡳