• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Random observations around the network ...

Started by ozbob, November 18, 2009, 08:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

tazzer9

ICE unit along with an early smu friend sit in Banyo stabling yard with their panto's down.  Presuming a noise reduction measure.

Also SMU203/211 is doing a Nambour run.

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: tazzer9 on February 28, 2018, 17:56:28 PM
ICE unit along with an early smu friend sit in Banyo stabling yard with their panto's down.  Presuming a noise reduction measure.
Not noise. Stabling movement. They were moved there from Mayne on very early last Saturday morning. They are being stowed there for a while so no need to keep the pantos up.

ozbob

ozbob

#Metro

^ Oh well, you have to give credit where credit is due. The new trains look absolutely flash!
I guess that's Queensland's strong point - cosmetics ;)
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

Praise the Gods the windows were left clean. Good large windows too!

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 01, 2018, 10:51:42 AM
Quote from: tazzer9 on February 28, 2018, 17:56:28 PM
Not noise. Stabling movement. They were moved there from Mayne on very early last Saturday morning. They are being stowed there for a while so no need to keep the pantos up.
Should be an EMU and another ICE set there now.

HappyTrainGuy

Someone complained about the Redcliffe-City services being so overcrowded between 7.30-8am. Todays 7.30 service has 6 seats free in the first carriage and 4 standees in the 3rd carriage. It's like the Bombay express!  :conf

HappyTrainGuy

15 standees in the first 3 carriages. I can still see some empty seats in the first carriage departing Northgate. Shorncliffe-City is at crush loads and it's only at Nundah.

techblitz

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 12, 2018, 07:38:11 AM
Someone complained about the Redcliffe-City services being so overcrowded between 7.30-8am. Todays 7.30 service has 6 seats free in the first carriage and 4 standees in the 3rd carriage. It's like the Bombay express!  :conf

yes but it is it the same story if that 6 car was randomly changed to a 3 car unit like these people on the Beenleigh line this morning??

https://www.facebook.com/QueenslandRail/posts/1899321943419490

QuoteHi Angela, thanks for contacting us. This service usually operates as a 6 car unit, but ran as a 3 car today due to a mechanical issue. We do apologise for any discomfort this may caused on your journey this morning. Thank you.

this takes the cake though
Quote6.54am Cleveland-Bowen Hills train cancelled Cleveland-Wellington Point http://bit.ly/2FKUHRU  #TLAlert #TLClevelandline
45 minutes between trains from Cleveland - wellington point......and as a result on the Shorncliffe line....add another 30 minute gap on top of the other one....
Theres your reason for the crush loadings...

That's what your failing to see HTG......the randomness of the network.......you can rattle off an empty seat here or an empty seat there....it means absolutely nothing if there is no consistency....which is what the travelling public want.
Just move on and let the travelling public vent their frustration in peace...

HappyTrainGuy

Nope. The service he more than likely was referring to was the 7.48-ish one. Which is a through service to Toowong/Springfield. Which is always packed. As I said. The 7.18 has a standing load prior to Zillmere with the other Roma Street terminators having plenty of space available.

Anyway, lots of rollingstock out at the moment. We got an ICE, an IMU and an EMU all at Banyo. 210 is still off on holiday because it and it's sister units are just as bitchy as the EMUs. Many of the EMUs are running around with faults because there's just not enough time to work on them all while keeping the current fleet operational. Doors. My god. I think it's 08/10 has the gangway door in the middle unit not working. Many of the 62-69 doors are constantly on the skits. God knows the amount of electronic faults. Anyhoo that's getting off topic.

ozbob

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: ozbob on March 12, 2018, 11:56:11 AM
It's a worry...

And the 160/260s are starting to show their age at least visually.

SurfRail

The NGRs won't age gracefully either.  713 the other morning (leaving aside the graff all along it) looked noticeably pitted and scarred already.  That stainless steel finish won't stay pristine for long, and then we will end up with tired-looking trains like Melbourne's Xtrapolis sets.
Ride the G:

Fares_Fair

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 12, 2018, 10:54:52 AM
Nope. The service he more than likely was referring to was the 7.48-ish one. Which is a through service to Toowong/Springfield. Which is always packed. As I said. The 7.18 has a standing load prior to Zillmere with the other Roma Street terminators having plenty of space available.

Anyway, lots of rollingstock out at the moment. We got an ICE, an IMU and an EMU all at Banyo. 210 is still off on holiday because it and it's sister units are just as bitchy as the EMUs. Many of the EMUs are running around with faults because there's just not enough time to work on them all while keeping the current fleet operational. Doors. My god. I think it's 08/10 has the gangway door in the middle unit not working. Many of the 62-69 doors are constantly on the skits. God knows the amount of electronic faults. Anyhoo that's getting off topic.

Oh dear, not looking good for the Commonwealth Games.
I honestly hope we don't become an international embarrassment - but maybe that is what it will take to get real change
Regards,
Fares_Fair

jesse

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 12, 2018, 10:54:52 AM

Just to antagonisticly add to the off topic discussions, (and also out of my own personal curiosity) do we know what units specifically are at banyo and if it's related to any faults that make them unreliable for service? ( The ice is probably a dead giveaway for being plagued with door and/ATP issues)

ozbob

Couriermail Quest --> Queensland Rail worker caught sitting in priority seating while pregnant woman stands

QuoteA PREGNANT woman is so sick of people wrongly taking up priority seating on Brisbane trains that she started photographing them to prove her point.

Jayda Chapman is now 30 weeks pregnant and says able-bodied commuters often take up the seating designated for pregnant women, the elderly and disabled.

Three weeks ago, she boarded a crowded train to find a Queensland Rail employee sitting on the seats.

"There's nothing worse than being 27 pregnant and not even a Queensland Rail worker will get off a seat designated for pregnant, seniors or disabled people," she posted to Facebook.

"How disrespectful sitting there with his partner while myself, a pregnant woman, and elderly people stand!! It's so wrong!!"

Ms Chapman later took a second photo of a woman sitting in priority seating with her handbag and a computer mouse on the seat while she used her laptop.

"It's horrible having to stand up. I work in an office but my feet are so swollen by the end of the day, I just want to sit down. Then the train gets full, you're swaying back and forth," she said.

"Have some respect and look around you. I think because I'm pregnant and I need those seats more than those people, it just really annoys me."

Ms Chapman said when she has found people sitting in priority seating who shouldn't be there, they try not to acknowledge her.

"Sometimes I ask people if they'd mind giving me their seat, and some people look at me like 'how rude are you!'," she said.

Ms Chapman said she had put on 22kg while pregnant and physically can't fit into a normal train seat anymore.

"I feel like I'm sitting on top of the next person, so I sit hanging off the seat and my back gets so sore. It gets so uncomfortable," she said.

She said she hoped travellers would be more considerate to seniors, pregnant women and the disabled.

"I just wanted to make it known it's not acceptable. Women carrying a child - it's a tough gig. People can be so inconsiderate and just not even care."

Queensland Rail chief executive officer Nick Easy said he was disappointed to hear of Ms Chapman's encounter with the QR worker, and sincerely apologised.

"This is certainly not the standard of etiquette we expect from our employees," he said.

"We will take appropriate steps to reiterate our standards to our employees."

A QR spokesman said both photos taken by Ms Chapman showed priority seating, which is located closest to the train exits.

"Priority seating is provided on all Queensland Rail trains, and we ask that people please pay attention to their surroundings and vacate these seats for fellow passengers who have a disability, are elderly, pregnant or carrying young children."

Fattious

Currently at Roma St, just noticed two services comprised of 
coupled SMU and IMU units (e.g. 280 and 164). Not sure if that is common. Rosewood and Cleveland services.

ozbob

It is common on the Ipswich line Fattious as these combos run through to Nambour.  It makes the toilet go around a bit more by running them as hybrids.  Occasionally I note an intact IMU 6 car set, but more often than not it is the combo.

Not sure about the Cleveland line though. 

I think I was a punter on the Cleveland line and it was an IMU I would go for a wee on principle ..  :P

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: jesse on March 12, 2018, 19:31:17 PM

Just to antagonisticly add to the off topic discussions, (and also out of my own personal curiosity) do we know what units specifically are at banyo and if it's related to any faults that make them unreliable for service? ( The ice is probably a dead giveaway for being plagued with door and/ATP issues)
154/157. The emu/imu are back at Mayne.

James

Saw an ICE running past Indooroopilly along the mains at about 12:15pm last Tuesday (13th).. was unable to see the desto, really don't understand what it would be doing out this way.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: ozbob on March 16, 2018, 17:38:55 PM
It is common on the Ipswich line Fattious as these combos run through to Nambour.  It makes the toilet go around a bit more by running them as hybrids.  Occasionally I note an intact IMU 6 car set, but more often than not it is the combo.

Not sure about the Cleveland line though. 

I think I was a punter on the Cleveland line and it was an IMU I would go for a wee on principle ..  :P
Common on the Shorncliffe/Cleveland line in between peaks as they form up some Gold Coast services in the arvo.

Arnz

Also common on the Doomben line as the IMU & IMU/SMU hybrids operating to Doomben are seen operated by Caboolture/Nambour crews (not sure about Beenleigh/Robina crews but I'm assuming they also do based on the 2 morning peak VSY-DBN through-routing services) between interurban runs.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

burgo

NGR 709 spotted at Boondal station at 10:47. Had no desto, assuming a test. Haven't seen one so close to Sandgate before.

CQRail

Onboard EMU to Redcliffe Peninsula, ran express through Albion but called into Wooloowin. Whoops. Driver must have been a bit confused on his location.

ozbob

NGR UP Goodna 3.26am
Bit of night 🌃 work.

burgo

IMU 124 running a Shorncliffe - Cannon Hill service.

BrizCommuter

In EM223. Another wheel flat that could destroy kidney stones. Who needs private healthcare when you can travel on QR!

ozbob

Quote from: BrizCommuter on March 27, 2018, 07:07:01 AM
In EM223. Another wheel flat that could destroy kidney stones. Who needs private healthcare when you can travel on QR!

What is the car number?  I will let QR know ...

ozbob

3.50am UP Goodna  NGR (not lighted) under DEL tow.  Suspect ex Port ...

Night moves!!   :P

BrizCommuter

NGR "special" stationary on the middle track just north of Banoon. ?driver training

not_available

IMUs 104/103 seems to have found itself doing the 2:16pm Kippa- ring to Roma street. I always wonder how IMU/IMU sets or IMU/SMU hybrids get on the RPL/Shorncliffe/Cleveland lines sometimes. I suppose it's partly due to a few NGRs taking over the GC.
Do I really need to clarify?
Sarcasm and rhetorical questions don't translate perfectly into written form, do they?

Arnz

Quote from: not_available on May 08, 2018, 14:43:19 PM
IMUs 104/103 seems to have found itself doing the 2:16pm Kippa- ring to Roma street. I always wonder how IMU/IMU sets or IMU/SMU hybrids get on the RPL/Shorncliffe/Cleveland lines sometimes. I suppose it's partly due to a few NGRs taking over the GC.

IMU and IMU/SMUs has been on the Springfield/Kippa Ring corridor well before the NGRs were put into service.

An AM peak ex-Nambour service continues onto Springfield, the IMU or IMU/SMU hybrid is then on Springfield-Kippa Ring runs for the rest of the day.  One of the PM peak Nambour trains (1622 from Central) also originates ex-Springfield (also a IMU or IMU/SMU hybrid working the prior Springfield-Kippa Ring runs beforehand).
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

HappyTrainGuy

Terminating IMU's also dead run for peak hour services ie terminates at Bowen Hills and dead runs express to Kippa Ring/terminates Roma Street and dead runs express to Springfield.

red dragin

DEL with a stainless steel carriage (think RM finish but Sunlander shape) and an old open car wagon south through Petrie at about 8.30am. That was the entire train  ???

Was driving so no photo.

red dragin

Quote from: red dragin on May 16, 2018, 08:42:35 AM
DEL with a stainless steel carriage (think RM finish but Sunlander shape) and an old open car wagon south through Petrie at about 8.30am. That was the entire train  ???

Was driving so no photo.

Certainly wasn't an M or L series. Closer to an SX trailer but had round windows and single doors at each end (working from memory).

Also spotted an NGR Kippa Ring bound at Mango Hill Station at about 10.30am. Didn't see which number.

🡱 🡳