• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Maroochydore Station Corridor Study

Started by Sunbus610, November 10, 2009, 13:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunbus610

What is the Maroochydore Station Corridor Study?

As Maroochydore grows in popularity and size, so too does the demand for public transport infrastructure and services.

The Department of Transport and Main Roads, through the Maroochydore Station Corridor Study, is working closely with the Sunshine Coast Regional Council to plan for the integration of Maroochydore

For more info:- http://www.maroochydorestation.com.au/
Proud to be a Sunshine Coaster ..........

O_128

i would go for the blue alignment personally. at least some work is being done i havn't even seen springfield station plans yet. also we are moving towards a more modern design aswell if only the KGS entrances looked like that
"Where else but Queensland?"

Jon Bryant

Rather than look at this in stages (aka lmited consideration for continuation of this to Noosa) and make short term low cost decisions.

Why not take this underground further south and have a direct line heading north rather than a spur line. The line could then continue north and connect back with the motorway just before the bridge.

Whilst I recognise that a high proportion of trips to this station will be regional the spur line will just add to dwell time and create north south cross over conflicts, etc.

🡱 🡳