• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

NSW - Central Station Redevelopment

Started by verbatim9, May 07, 2020, 23:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbatim9

verbatim9

Updated Central Station walk through --->https://youtu.be/MXQyUiUYu_Y

Stillwater

and what happens when any of the escalators fail?

JimmyP

verbatim9

Also there are multiple accessible routes other than that way

verbatim9

kram0

This project looks nearly as comprehensive and advanced as the Brisbane Central Station upgrade  :hg :-r :fp:

ozbob

Quote from: kram0 on May 23, 2021, 19:11:29 PM
This project looks nearly as comprehensive and advanced as the Brisbane Central Station upgrade  :hg :-r :fp:

Ha ha. 

I am looking forward though when I can go for my travels again.  Looking forward to seeing the new Sydney Central and all the progress with networks in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. 

Readers, if you are considering going on a Level Crossing removal tour of SEQ, I would think again .. 
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

verbatim9

Update - Sydney Central walkthrough.

I like the marketing information  and branding banner on the new PIDs

The new fare gates are similar to ours

ozbob

ABC --> Longest escalator in southern hemisphere part of Central Station's $955 million upgrade

QuoteSydney's Central Station will be home to the largest escalator in the southern hemisphere as part of a total overhaul of the country's busiest train station.

Key points:
42 new escalators are being built underground at Central Station
The station's upgrade also includes Central Walk, an underground 80m-long pedestrian link
The 45m escalators are expected to be operational in 2024
The 45-metre stairs are just two of 42 new escalators currently being built underground in Central Station.

They will be accompanied by a new underground pedestrian link named Central Walk — an 80m-long concourse underneath platforms 16 to 23. ...

RowBro

Quote from: kram0 on April 04, 2023, 08:18:17 AMMeanwhile in Queensland Brisbane Central Station upgrades announced in 2016...... :fp:

I don't think they'll be upgrading central until CRR opens. They can't afford to close any platforms atm.

Jonno

Quote from: kram0 on April 04, 2023, 08:18:17 AMhttps://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/engineering-marvel-central-station-s-huge-new-underground-concourse-opens-20230403-p5cxmk.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3AN2A15uQ5_CQsCPMLfxTwwk1VUpKumQu7I7uVL7y2lnaAlxNTdinI8U0&mibextid=uc01c0#Echobox=1680504978

Meanwhile in Queensland Brisbane Central Station upgrades announced in 2016...... :fp:
TMR really don't see public transport as an alternative to driving rather as a safety net for those can't drive! Thus cost is the bare minimal and construction priority the lowest except CRR!

ozbob

ozbob

Take a look at your new commute at Central Station 🤩 The North-South concourse is now open and providing customers with...

Posted by Sydney Metro on Sunday, 28 May 2023

🡱 🡳