• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

National heavy vehicle plates

Started by City Designer, July 04, 2018, 01:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Designer

Looks like the end of state based standard issue plates for buses across Australia.

From 1 July 2018, a national heavy vehicle plate will be issued in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT—and Victoria from 1 October 2018—whenever:

• a new heavy vehicle is registered
  • an unregistered vehicle is re-registered (contact a transport authority customer service centre in your state or territory for details about the particular conditions that apply in your jurisdiction)
  • a state or territory registration is transferred to a participating jurisdiction
  • a lost, damaged, destroyed or stolen number plate is replaced.

https://www.nhvr.gov.au/road-access/registration/national-heavy-vehicle-plates

aldonius

Seems like a very sensible move.  :clp: :clp:

achiruel

I wonder what this will mean for some of the bus companies that have personalised plates, e.g. PRT?

Although I've often wondered why a bus company would want to waste money on such a thing.

SurfRail

- NSW public passenger bus plates are remaining (why I don't know), so you will still see m/o / MO / TV type plates.  I haven't seen anything to indicate the Victorians or other jurisdictions participating in the HVNL other than NSW are getting rid of their bus specific plates.

- Personalised plates are remaining.

It's all the other heavy vehicle plate categories that are going (eg South Australia's own heavy vehicle plates), plus using general issue plates for heavy vehicles.
Ride the G:

City Designer

Brisbane Transport bus 1423 is the first existing bus to be fitted with NHV plates and 1641 is the first new bus to be fitted with the plates.

🡱 🡳