• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Stafford City Shopping Centre - access to and from bus issues

Started by ozbob, May 31, 2017, 03:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Received this feedback from a member.  I would like to explore this further.

Is anyone very familiar with this situation and would could be done to improve the problems described?

QuoteThere are also issues with elderly people getting off the bus at Stafford City
Shopping Centre and crossing the very busy Stafford Road, pausing on a very narrow median strip, sometimes with a shopping trolley in tow.  I have asked for a pedestrian crossing to be installed near the bus stop, but the former state member for Stafford replied that this was not possible.

Consequently very elderly people either have to play Russian Roulette with the traffic or walk a long way up to the traffic lights.  There is also a long wait at the traffic lights.  If they wish to shop at the Big W which is quite close to the bus stop, they have to walk a long way back through the shopping centre to access it.

Map > https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Stafford+City+Shopping+Centre,+400+Stafford+Rd,+Stafford+QLD+4053/@-27.4113095,153.0123639,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b9157870f487f69:0x13363785eaf117a2
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

BrizCommuter

Pedestrian access from the Stafford Rd bus stops into the shopping centre is poor. Pedestrians seem to be an after thought. The crossing can't be moved due to road layout, but there need to be access improvements on the Shopping Centre owned land.

red dragin

There is a side door each side of BigW, so I don't follow that.

Yes, the road layout is restrictive at the front. There is a bus interchange on the property though?

BrizCommuter

Quote from: red dragin on May 31, 2017, 07:13:23 AM
There is a side door each side of BigW, so I don't follow that.

Yes, the road layout is restrictive at the front. There is a bus interchange on the property though?
Pedestrian access from Stafford Rd to the "hidden" side doors is poor. Some buses stop at the bus station in the car park, but others (such as 369) just use Stafford Rd.

🡱 🡳