• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Queensland Rail - Commuter Catch-Ups

Started by ozbob, April 21, 2017, 10:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Commuter Catch-Ups

http://www.queenslandrail.com.au/Community/Community%20Engagement/Pages/Commuter-Catch-ups.aspx

The Queensland Government is committed to transforming rail in Queensland.

Queensland Rail invites you to join us at one of the upcoming Commuter Catch-Up sessions to have your say about how we can improve.

You may also be interested in joining Queensland Rail's Customer Reference Group program.

Upcoming

​Station   ​Date   ​Time

Fortitude Valley   Wednesday 26 April   6.30am - 8.30am
South Brisbane   Wednesday 3 May   6.30am - 8.30am
Cleveland   Thursday 11 May   4.30pm - 6.30pm
Petrie   Tuesday 16 May   6.30am - 8.30am
Helensvale   Wednesday 24 May   5.00pm - 7.00pm
Ferny Grove   ​Tuesday 30 May   ​6.30am - 8.30am
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

21st April 2017

Media Release
Deputy Premier, Minister for Transport and Minister for Infrastructure and Planning
The Honourable Jackie Trad

Queensland Rail commences Commuter Catch-Ups

Queensland Rail kicked off Commuter Catch Ups this week, a new forum for commuters to provide their feedback directly to Queensland Rail.

Deputy Premier and Minister for Transport Jackie Trad joined Queensland Rail Chief Executive Officer Nick Easy at the first Commuter Catch Up at Roma Street station yesterday and said the initiative was part of the Fixing the Trains plan to reform Queensland Rail and give commuters confidence in the rail network.

"Starting this week, Queensland Rail representatives will be out visiting key stations on the South East Queensland network listening and talking to people," Ms Trad said.

"The Commuter Catch Ups will be held during peak periods, so Queensland Rail can speak to as many people as possible, increasing opportunities for feedback.

"We want to hear people's thoughts and concerns – what is currently working and what needs to be improved.

"The feedback and ideas from Commuter Catch Ups will be collated and used to develop new initiatives and improvements and inform the new Queensland Rail Customer Charter.

"Our first Commuter Catch Up was very positive, with commuters raising some important issues and providing useful feedback.

"I want to reassure the traveling public that we are fixing the trains and that we will incorporate their feedback to help get Queensland Rail back on the right track.

"I want to thank everyone who took the time to share their thoughts with us, and assure them that we listened and we will continue to listen."

Queensland Rail Chief Executive Officer Nick Easy said Queensland Rail had a revised and absolute focus on customers and the people of Queensland.

"We are committed to change and listening to customers is the first step to ensuring that happens from the grassroots up," Mr Easy said.

"I want to personally invite all customers to attend a Commuter Catch Up and speak to the staff about any concerns or questions you may have.

"It's the everyday commuters who are the eyes and ears on our train services each day. We want to make sure their thoughts are heard and we're here to listen."

The first Commuter Catch-Up was held at Roma Street Station from 4.30-6.30pm. To keep updated visit: http://www.queenslandrail.com.au/Community/Community%20Engagement/Pages/Commuter-Catch-ups.aspx

ENDS

Monster

Quote from: ozbob on April 21, 2017, 10:57:27 AM
Commuter Catch-Ups

http://www.queenslandrail.com.au/Community/Community%20Engagement/Pages/Commuter-Catch-ups.aspx

The Queensland Government is committed to transforming rail in Queensland.

Queensland Rail invites you to join us at one of the upcoming Commuter Catch-Up sessions to have your say about how we can improve.

You may also be interested in joining Queensland Rail's Customer Reference Group program.

Upcoming

​Station   ​Date   ​Time

Fortitude Valley   Wednesday 26 April   6.30am - 8.30am
South Brisbane   Wednesday 3 May   6.30am - 8.30am
Cleveland   Thursday 11 May   4.30pm - 6.30pm
Petrie   Tuesday 16 May   6.30am - 8.30am
Helensvale   Wednesday 24 May   5.00pm - 7.00pm
Ferny Grove   ​Tuesday 30 May   ​6.30am - 8.30am

Perfect! That coincides nicely with my scheduled "Drop the kids off to before school care and park at FG station" Tuesday.  :)

I understand the opportunity for each commmuter to personalise their own message, but are there key ones you would like us to hammer home Bob?

I think that if the same message(s) get delivered over and over again it may (may mind you) actually sink in. 

ozbob

The main message is full timetable by January 2018 from my perspective.

Monster

Quote from: ozbob on April 21, 2017, 12:15:59 PM
The main message is full timetable by January 2018 from my perspective.

Thanks Bob, agreed. I'd like to enquire why they say it can't be achieved. Plus focus on the QR performance and senior management accountability (I work for Govt........ I know that word gets attention......)

ozbob

ozbob

Good to see they want suggestions.

I have previously sent this in to QR

QuoteAlso the Commuter Catch Ups are good.  I think though in time I would suggest try to get out to some key stations off peak and weekends (this could be done onboard trains as well).  Often a different type of passenger travels then with different insights.

I would suggest Caboolture, Nambour, Landsborough, Beenleigh, Darra and Ipswich would be worthwhile doing at peak as well.

wbj

PM time slots would be more viable for most commuters.  Getting up early to get to a nominated station, participate and then to work on time is not an attractive proposition.  Better to drop in on the way home when there may be less time constraint.

ozbob

Stillwater

It must have been a short chat.

Instead of a one-on-one chat, Ms Trad, what about a conversation with the wider travelling public?

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

ozbob

🡱 🡳