• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Dream SEQ rail Network

Started by QLDBUS, April 08, 2017, 18:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QLDBUS

what's stopping this network.......

Not Feasible???
Not Dense Enough????
No Money????

all bullsh%t answers

STOP!!! The Politics

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1noXdJxG2iCvYIs8cXW8JRn20UFM&usp=sharing

BrizCommuter

Someone closing the foam party at 1am?

Arnz

Toowoomba and CAMCOS are as likely as the Maglev Bus to Caboolture. 

Qld can barely even get any form of CRR up as it is.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

#Metro

I like the improvements to the Gold Coast line.  :-t
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Stillwater

It looks as though SCRC realises that CAMCOS is so far off, they have begun planning light rail for that corridor.  Noosa Council says rail is not feasible for that community due to low population densities (apart from heavy rail, which runs through the hinterland and is state-owned).  Extending some services now terminating at Nambour to Cooroy (or shuttles Nbr-Gym) might be possible.  Can't do anything until crewing and NGR messes fixed.  Otherwise  :fx

SurfRail

Quote from: QLDBUS on April 08, 2017, 18:55:08 PM
what's stopping this network.......

Not Feasible???
Not Dense Enough????
No Money????

all bullsh%t answers

STOP!!! The Politics

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1noXdJxG2iCvYIs8cXW8JRn20UFM&usp=sharing

I think those 3 answers are quite valid in respect of a lot of what is shown.
Ride the G:

techblitz

high speed rail should be the priority after the big 3 are done(SCL,CRR,GCLR)...

Mr X

The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

Marshal

so, few thoughts i guess

The lines aren't really efficient, specifically in that you could make much more appealing route options just by swapping routes to different corridors without actually changing the specific location of the track.

For example, why run your long distance Nambour to toowoomba  and Ipswich-Caboolture lines along the original inner suburbs north coast line corridor when you have already got the Maroochydore route running the direct run to the city? This deviation from what would otherwise be a very direct route adds time to the total journey of passages from Caboolture  and beyond into the city, with the only gain being extra services for the inner suburb areas that could have been achieved without sacrificing the trip time of longer distance journeys.

I think you've tried to do to many things at once, in that you have tried to provide longer distance commuter routes as well as metro style coverage for the inner city. The result is that all your longer distance routes are hamstrung by weird parting as they approach the inner suburbs. there isn't really any reason not to run redcliffe, Caboolture, Nambour and Maroochydore services down the same, direct, time efficient corridor and have separate services provide the inner suburb coverage. The Cleveland to ennogerra's route into the city from the east competes directly with the metro and the Victoria point to Shornclife line. given the VP to SHRN corridor is the existing corridor, how do you justify the cost of separate corridors for both the metro and the CLVE - ENGA routes?

You're also cannibalising your own services and creating overlapping infrastructure. Why would anyone use the highly indirect Hamilton - Beaudesert service to travel from Hamilton to the city when the metro offers a significantly more direct route? How would you justify the expense of building the required rail and station Infrastructure to extend the Doomben line to Hamilton on top of the metro?

Efficiency of the system is a pretty big deal, because as it stands I would say this set up would require a great deal of excess infrastructure and create wasted transit supply through unappealing route options.

If you do revisit this, I would suggest you avoid setting up routes with origin - city - origin systems. Although this is how the network is currently organised, it is entirely arbitrary and trains are by no means forced to travel from beenliegh - ferry grove, shorncliffe - cleavelend etc. The city train network is designed to move people from the outer suburbs to the city, so if you are looking to create a "dream" city train network you should approach it from that angle. if you are looking to set up comprehensive coverage of the inner city area, then you'd be looking at a separate system. Trying to directly interlink the two only makes both suffer

achiruel

I seriously doubt an NGR will ever make the climb up the range to Toowoomba  :pfy: :pfy: :pfy:

The Lota-Redland Bay line seems equally likely  :pfy: :pfy: :pfy:

Lismore serious WTF? Byron Bay, maybe. If we can ever get NSW to cooperate.

Redbank to continue through Ripley Valley and connect to Ipswich line at Yamanto (Ipswich to be interchange station)

Does the Beaudsert Line follow the Mt Lindesay Hwy Corridor? Because it goes nowhere near existing interstate line south of Greenbank.

Where is the tunnel portal for Gold Coast Line situated? Where are stations between Beenleigh and the Gabba. Is it simply using the SEB alignment? I'm pretty sure it was never designed to hold heavy rail. Light perhaps. How would you accomodate the proposed Brisbane Metro?

I wonder if Hamilton line wouldn't be better going almost straight down once it bends and finishing up in the middle of MacArthur Ave rather than toward the Portside end. Remember that development will eventually extend the the Golf Club.

SteelPan

QLDBUS  - You got some GOOD ideas there   :-t  ....Toowoomba in particular is a screaming much needed project, that would add HUGE value to SEQ.

Do not listen to the negative voices here on "Back on the Bus"....right NOW, both Sydney and Melbourne are pouring BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars into their metro rail systems.

Being Queeeeennnnnsslllllannnnndddddd and more to the point "Brissy Mate", we're about 2 decades behind in doing......but one day........even "Brissy Mate" will have to embrace reality......and truly get Back on TRACK.....

What would be great is if, one day, we elected say an engineer to the role of Premier...imagine that...ohhh yeah....he "scared" them!   ::)

Like Trump haters.....their part of the problem...but like the dinosaurs of old....slowly but surely.....even in Qqqqquuueeeeennnsssllllaaannndddd their dying off......and REALITY will kick in!

Old QR bloke recently said to me....the REAL problem with QR...for the last 20+ years no-one working in its senior management [or at the state govt] has had any passion for rail at all......so the mountain ahead to climb is "considerable"!

SEQ, where our only "fast-track" is in becoming the rail embarrassment of Australia!   :frs:

🡱 🡳