• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Melbourne January 2017 (Forum User @Metro)

Started by #Metro, January 08, 2017, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

Early January 2017 Trip to Melbourne

Photos are my own. No, I was not paid or induced in any way to promote METRO.
(for the record, my favourite railway is actually the TransPerth one).

-- CLICK TO ENLARGE --

METRO Trains Melbourne (Australia's worst railway if you listen to some folks on here  ::)  :clp: )

None of my services were cancelled and all trains were really clean, not covered in scratchitti. There was one exception where a train was tagged everywhere internally, but that might have been freshly vandalised.

Does METRO skimp on cleaning to save $$? Doubt it... carriages were generally clean, not that much scrachitti. There was one bad
one but that might have been freshly vandalised. They must have some special film coating now, as it was pretty clean.

Stations

Spent some time out on the Sandringham Line

There is an old heritage mansion out around the corner, worth visiting if you have the time.

Here is an innovation, CONNECTIONS! Shows when the next connecting service is (had a bit of a walk, but nonetheless)

Buses

The buses in this area are run by TransDev (privately contracted). No skimping on quality there either - seem to use the same buses that
Brisbane City Council are using.

All photographs @Metro 8th January 2017.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

verbatim9

^^Still no concrete sleepers in station the section re Ripponlea Station Pic

#Metro

True, but many stations being redone though. Level crossing there also.

When the level crossing is removed and the station is rebuilt, that would be a good time to put in concrete sleepers.

AFAIK, concrete sleepers are used at the new Springvale station, for example.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Gazza

With Melbourne versus Brisbane, I think their trains are about the same level of cleanliness.

Their stations are noticeably dirtier and in worse repair though.

🡱 🡳