• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Interim rail timetables

Started by ozbob, October 24, 2016, 02:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

BrizCommuter

See that TransLinks social media channels are still asleep. No announcements at stations and onboard trains again today. FAIL!

Quite a few reports of overcrowding on QR's social media this morning. Trains seemed quieter than usual to BrizCommuter this morning - maybe some passengers have given up on public transport?

techblitz

Quote from: BrizCommuter on October 25, 2016, 09:35:00 AM
Trains seemed quieter than usual to BrizCommuter this morning - maybe some passengers have given up on public transport?

I noticed that yesterday @ the valley waiting for my 3.55pm Doomben train. Station visually quieter than usual for that time.
Returned from Doomben hopped off @ roma st 6pm....same again....quieter than usual for that time.

ozbob

https://translink.com.au/service-updates/102746

Queensland Rail interim timetable

Last updated:  Tue 25 October 2016 at 3.22pm (22 minutes ago)

Queensland Rail has implemented a new interim timetable to provide certainty for customers and to ensure Queensland Rail can continue to deliver a high level of service frequency and capacity in the morning and afternoon peaks.

Under the interim timetable, the following alterations have been made. These alterations have been selected based on least impact, where there is low patronage and a minimised delay to the next service.

Queensland Rail advises customers that in addition to below, some further alterations may be required over the next two weeks as they transition to the new interim timetable. We will keep this page updated and encourage you to check back before you travel.

The new interim timetable is now available in the journey planner. Use the online journey planner or MyTransLink app to plan your journey - including any changes to your connecting bus service.

Passenger information displays (PIDs) at train stations have also been updated to display the new interim timetables. Please refer to the PIDs when you get to your station.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

BrizCommuter

Evening peak journey also much quieter than usual (approx 20% less). Looks like some commuters really have gone back to driving this week!

ozbob

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2016/10/25/statement-on-interim-train-timetable

Media Statements
Minister for Transport and the Commonwealth Games
The Honourable Stirling Hinchliffe

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Statement on interim train timetable

Minister for Transport Stirling Hinchliffe today provided an update on the performance of the interim train timetable.

Minister Hinchliffe said that prior to this month and for the past four years, Queensland Rail has had the best on time running on the east coast, consistently meeting their on-time running target of 95%.

"This morning, Queensland Rail delivered a 98.63% on-time running rate against the interim timetable and this demonstrates that Queensland Rail is getting back on track and delivering what customers rightfully expect," Mr Hinchliffe said.

"South East Queensland commuters must be able to rely on their rail network and I welcome the Premier's announcement of an independent review, so that we get to the bottom of how this situation occurred.

"Today, the Chief Executive Officer Helen Gluer advised me that she had formally stood aside the head of Train Service Delivery as she was not satisfied that the appropriate due diligence had been completed prior to the implementation of the new timetable," Mr Hinchliffe said.

Queensland Rail Chief Executive Officer Helen Gluer said she was disappointed Queensland Rail had not delivered for its customers over the past three weeks.

"I need to know why this issue was not alerted to me and offer my full support to the independent investigation," Ms Gluer said.

"I was advised that we could meet the new timetable and told that the recruitment processes that we were going through were adequate.

"It is the responsibility of Train Service Delivery to ensure that we have adequate resources to staff our rosters and service the timetable and I am not confident that the senior manager adequately carried out his responsibilities in this regard.

"We are incredibly proud of our service delivery, right from the leadership team, down to the train controllers and the dedicated customer service staff.

"We are now working incredibly hard to turn this around as quickly as possible and we have seen the early results of our efforts this morning.

"It is my absolute expectation that we uncover and explain how this situation occurred and are able to restore confidence in our services."

ENDS

ozbob

Quote from: BrizCommuter on October 25, 2016, 17:25:32 PM
Evening peak journey also much quieter than usual (approx 20% less). Looks like some commuters really have gone back to driving this week!
Or changed to different time services ...   :bg:

Ippy looked the same ...

SurfRail

Who was stood aside - is that Marty Ryan's job?
Ride the G:

techblitz

5.47pm cleveland ex central regulars must be rejoicing......getting some relief via a 6 car set :P

STB

Quote from: SurfRail on October 25, 2016, 18:46:41 PM

I would've thought it'd be Kevin Wright?

BrizCommuter

Quote from: ozbob on October 25, 2016, 17:36:23 PM
Quote from: BrizCommuter on October 25, 2016, 17:25:32 PM
Or changed to different time services ...   :bg:

Ippy looked the same ...

Quote from one of BrizCommuter's work colleagues "I can't be bothered planning my life around QR's **** new [interim] timetable, I'll just drive to work until this **** is sorted".

tazzer9

I did notice that massive amount of extra cars on the road.   Centenary highway was clogged for about 2km where it does the dumb merge from 2 lanes to 1 at the logan motorway exit.  Ipswich motorway was a bigger clusterf*ck than usual.

Derwan

Quote from: BrizCommuter on October 25, 2016, 21:22:47 PM
Quote from one of BrizCommuter's work colleagues "I can't be bothered planning my life around QR's **** new [interim] timetable, I'll just drive to work until this **** is sorted".

Awww, they can't check a timetable?  What a cry-baby!
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

ozbob

Quote from: Derwan on October 25, 2016, 22:31:25 PM

LOL yep. Pretty sad!  All the more room for others.   All the media I spoke to yesterday said apart from the usual individual whiners the majority of people were happy with their travel etc.  If poeple want to drive, that is their choice.

I think the interim timetable has been an excellent process to retrieve the mess they were in.  A bit of thanks and praise can go a long way.

ozbob

Quote from: tazzer9 on October 25, 2016, 21:37:56 PM
I did notice that massive amount of extra cars on the road.   Centenary highway was clogged for about 2km where it does the dumb merge from 2 lanes to 1 at the logan motorway exit.  Ipswich motorway was a bigger clusterf*ck than usual.

Err there was a breakdown ....  happens regularly  ... each to their own ..

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

26th October 2016

Interim rail timetable day one

Good Morning,

The first day of the interim timetable seemed to deliver better overall reliability and performance.

I spoke with a number of media outlets yesterday who reported that overall punters seemed happy.  There will always be individuals who feel the world revolves around them.

Some of our members did report lower patronage than usual.  To be expected with the all the hysterical publicity.  I am sure things will settle down in a day or two.

Queensland Rail timetable roster staff did make a big effort to retrieve the situation.  For that we are grateful.  Thank you.

We are disappointed in the level of communications, particularly on Monday about the impending changes from TransLink and Queensland Rail.  This improved yesterday.

Fortunately the interim timetable has now made it into the TransLink journey planner so this will help too.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org
RAIL Back On Track http://backontrack.org

[ Attached: http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=12524.msg182088#msg182088 ]

ozbob

Quote from: STB on October 25, 2016, 19:18:40 PM
Quote from: SurfRail on October 25, 2016, 18:46:41 PM

I would've thought it'd be Kevin Wright?

Train Service Delivery Manager.  This is a lower level than the Executive Leadership Team level (  http://www.queenslandrail.com.au/aboutus/governance/elt ) as I understand it.

SurfRail

If the railway won't deliver services that enable people to be where they need to be on a consistent basis, I don't blame him for taking his business elsewhere.
Ride the G:

BrizCommuter

Quote from: SurfRail on October 26, 2016, 06:19:41 AM

If the railway won't deliver services that enable people to be where they need to be on a consistent basis, I don't blame him for taking his business elsewhere.
It highlights how fickle some Brisbanites are when it comes to using public transport.

UBER were observed giving out $20 off vouchers outside South Bank station. Certainly not "accidental" timing for that advertising campaign!

Small update to this post.
http://brizcommuter.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/qrs-interim-timetables-back-to-1990s.html

tazzer9

Quote from: ozbob on October 26, 2016, 02:50:20 AM
Quote from: tazzer9 on October 25, 2016, 21:37:56 PM

Err there was a breakdown ....  happens regularly  ... each to their own ..

No, i'm driving that time of morning for work all the time.  No serious incident.  There was just an unusual amount of cars the road for that time.   And it wasn't full of tradie utes.  Mostly 1 person in a sedan.   
I know  people who normally use the rail system, but who are not atm, not because their journey is affected, but because they simply don't know that the service cuts wouldn't affect them anyway.  Media is good at blowing things out of proportion.   Doesn't help when all the radio stations reinforce the idea of delays and cancelled services every 10 minutes when they are siting in their cars.

ozbob

There was an earlier incident I think I remember re-tweeting the pic, no worries.

In reality the Interim Timetable on an individual line basis is a few disruptions, often what happens randomly anyway from time to time with each line.

You are right, the media over-reaction did create a hysteria of sorts.  In fact they were somewhat disappointed yesterday that the terminal chaos and dysfunction didn't eventuate at all.

red dragin

The problem must be easily sorted with current staffing, as the drivers schools aren't due to start until July 2017. Guards to start in February 2017.

I didn't notice the traffic being any different on the Bruce either time of day.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: ozbob on October 26, 2016, 06:47:06 AM
There was an earlier incident I think I remember re-tweeting the pic, no worries.

In reality the Interim Timetable on an individual line basis is a few disruptions, often what happens randomly anyway from time to time with each line.

You are right, the media over-reaction did create a hysteria of sorts.  In fact they were somewhat disappointed yesterday that the terminal chaos and dysfunction didn't eventuate at all.
It seems that most overcrowding issues yesterday were on the usual overcrowded services. However there were reports of overcrowding on an ex-Springfield and ex-Cleveland service due to changes. Press were probably not observing the impacted services.

Friday will probably be a basket case on the FG Line am peak.

Heard the first announcement about the changes this morning. Only a few days late!

tazzer9

Quote from: BrizCommuter on October 26, 2016, 07:36:53 AM
Quote from: ozbob on October 26, 2016, 06:47:06 AM

It seems that most overcrowding issues yesterday were on the usual overcrowded services. However there were reports of overcrowding on an ex-Springfield and ex-Cleveland service due to changes. Press were probably not observing the impacted services.

Friday will probably be a basket case on the FG Line am peak.

Heard the first announcement about the changes this morning. Only a few days late!

At least they realise that the are less people using PT on a friday than other days.    I know that the ferny grove line is far less busy on a friday compared to a tuesday.   The 7:25am service people even have their own personal bubble on a friday.

BrizCommuter

As predicted the 07:03 ex Springfield has been "overcrowded" two days in a row due the previous service being cut in the interim timetable. Just to add to the pain, this service is a 3-car unit. :yikes:

petey3801

Quote from: red dragin on October 26, 2016, 06:52:47 AM
The problem must be easily sorted with current staffing, as the drivers schools aren't due to start until July 2017. Guards to start in February 2017.

I didn't notice the traffic being any different on the Bruce either time of day.

There are already 3 or 4 schools scheduled to begin between now and mid next year already from the previous intake.
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

red dragin

Quote from: petey3801 on October 26, 2016, 09:43:55 AM
Quote from: red dragin on October 26, 2016, 06:52:47 AM

There are already 3 or 4 schools scheduled to begin between now and mid next year already from the previous intake.

:-t

So a ministerial overreaction with the announcement perhaps, just a bit of spin?

tazzer9

Curious, why is there 3 car units during the interim timetable?   Is it a case of these trains coming from places which are forced to have 3 car units.  (like ipswich and caboolture)

The interim timetable would open up a few units. 

techblitz

4.05 ex Caboolture cancelled at extremely short notice between caboolture and petrie == 1 hour between services for Dakabin,morayfield,narangba,burpengary inbound...

Arnz

Quote from: techblitz on October 26, 2016, 16:21:18 PM
4.05 ex Caboolture cancelled at extremely short notice between caboolture and petrie == 1 hour between services for Dakabin,morayfield,narangba,burpengary inbound...

It wasn't entirely cancelled.  It ran express Caboolture-Petrie (It was a ex-Nambour starter) and it was running a bit late due to waiting for late 605/615 buses.

QuoteThe 3.08pm Nambour to Central train is running express from Caboolture to Petrie due to an operational issue. The next Nambour to Central train will depart from Nambour station at 4.30pm.

https://translink.com.au/service-updates/103141
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: tazzer9 on October 26, 2016, 11:19:23 AM
Curious, why is there 3 car units during the interim timetable?   Is it a case of these trains coming from places which are forced to have 3 car units.  (like ipswich and caboolture)

The interim timetable would open up a few units.
As there are more 3-car trains in service than services axed, not all 3-car services can be upgraded. However the use of a 3-car unit after the axed Springfield Line am peak service is totally unacceptable.

ozbob

Was that a oncer, might have some been circumstances that lead to that?

Hopefully it will be changed to a 6 car.

techblitz

Quote from: Arnz on October 26, 2016, 16:26:34 PM
Quote from: techblitz on October 26, 2016, 16:21:18 PM

It wasn't entirely cancelled.  It ran express Caboolture-Petrie (It was a ex-Nambour starter) and it was running a bit late due to waiting for late 605/615 buses.

QuoteThe 3.08pm Nambour to Central train is running express from Caboolture to Petrie due to an operational issue. The next Nambour to Central train will depart from Nambour station at 4.30pm.

https://translink.com.au/service-updates/103141
a positive to see that the trains waited for the buses.Negative that the buses ran late and a double negative that morayfield,burp,narangba,dakabin pax had to wait 1 hour as a result.

re 3 car sets...they ran the 5.47 central to Cleveland as a 6 car set yesterday instead of the usual 3.....hopefully not a 'oncer'

Stillwater

It would help if the Minister could give a date at which point the normal timetable will resume.

But that would be a case of a Minister showing that his department has got a handle on the problem and has mapped out a plan and a timeline to meet.  Alternatively, based on advice, the Minister could issue a date by which he expects QR to attain situation normal.

It requires a Queensland Minister to be responsible and to give a commitment - always a bit problematic in this state.

Meanwhile, the Premier is furious and pocket-rocket Trad is writing demand letters to Canberra, asking that the money printing presses be cranked up a notch or two.

BrizCommuter

Seems that loads have balanced out a bit more today around axed services. Less social media angst on services, other then the usual (overcrowded 3-car services, 15 min peak gaps at Nundah, etc).

However, there seem to be a lot of angry commuters wanting financial compensation! Seems to the Government is being rather quiet on that, as well as how long this mess will go on for.

BrizCommuter is planning to be on the 07:17am ex-Ferny Grove tomorrow (Friday) to observe the impending carnage. Sardine party anyone?

DayboroStation

The 7:16am Kippa-Ring to Springfield train was standing-room only from Strathpine today. (Previous 7:10am Kippa-Ring to Roma Street train is one of the cancelled services under the interim timetable.)

Heaps of passengers attempting to get on at Northgate (more than usual), but most gave up trying.

On-board announcement at Eagle Junction that 'QR has been made aware of the overcrowding of this train, and air conditioning being unable to keep up with the number of passengers'.

BrizCommuter

A few more services have been sneakily added to Fridays list of axed services.

Edit: 33% of inbound Ferny Grove Line services axed between 7:10am and 8:10am inclusive!

ozbob

https://translink.com.au/service-updates/102746

Queensland Rail interim timetable

Last updated:  Thu 27 October 2016 at 2.51pm (2 hours ago)

Friday service alterations

Beenleigh line
Partial cancellations
Departure time    Departure station    Arrival station    Change
5.18am    Beenleigh    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled from Beenleigh to Roma Street. The next train departs Beenleigh at 5.33am.
8.47am    Ferny Grove    Coopers Plains    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Coopers Plains. The next train departs Roma Street at 9.37am.
10.10am    Coopers Plains    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled from Coopers Plains to Roma Street. The next train departs Coopers Plains at 10.25am
11.09am    Coopers Plains    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled from Coopers Plains to Roma Street. The next train departs Coopers Plains at 11.25am.
11.18am    Beenleigh    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled from Bowen Hills to Ferny Grove. The next train to Ferny Grove departs Bowen Hills at 12.46pm.
11.47am    Ferny Grove    Coopers Plains    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Coopers Plains. The next Coopers Plains train departs Roma Street at 12.37pm.
1.10pm    Coopers Plains    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled between Coopers Plains and Roma Street. Next train departs Coopers Plains at 1.25pm.
2.40pm    Coopers Plains    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled between Coopers Plains and Roma Street. Next train departs Coopers Plains at 2.55pm.
6.47pm    Ferny Grove    Park Road    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Park Road. Next train departs Roma Street at 7.37pm.
7.17pm    Ferny Grove     Park Road    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Park Road. Next train departs Roma Street at 8.07pm.

Caboolture line
Cancellations
Departure time    Departure station    Arrival station    Next train
7.29am    Caboolture    Roma Street    7.35am

Cleveland line
Cancellations
4.57am    Northgate    Cleveland    5.12am
11.31am    Cannon Hill    Northgate    11.46am
12.42pm    Northgate    Cannon Hill    12.42pm
1.31pm    Cannon Hill    Northgate    1.46pm
2.01pm    Cannon Hill    Northgate    2.16pm
3.12pm    Northgate    Cleveland    3.27pm
4.54pm    Cleveland    Shorncliffe    5.09pm

Doomben line
Cancellations
9.39am    Park Road    Doomben    10.39am
10.28am    Doomben    Roma Street    10.58am

Doomben line
Ferny Grove line
Cancellations
4.42am    Park Road    Ferny Grove    5.12am
5.47am    Ferny Grove    Coopers Plains    6.02am
7.10am    Ferny Grove    Park Road    7.17am
7.25am    Ferny Grove    Park Road    7.32am
7.48am    Beenleigh    Ferny Grove    Train is cancelled from Bowen Hills to Ferny Grove. The next train to Ferny Grove departs Bowen Hills at 9.16am.
8.10am    Ferny Grove    Park Road    8.17am
9.47am    Ferny Grove    Coopers Plains    10.02am
1.17pm    Ferny Grove    Coopers Plains    1.32pm
Partial cancellations
6.47pm    Ferny Grove    Park Road    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Park Road.
7.17pm    Ferny Grove    Park Road    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Park Road.

Inner north
Cancellations

Towards Brisbane City
4.13am    Bowen Hills    Park Road    4.23am
7.19am    Northgate    Roma Street    7.27am
8.19am    Northgate    Roma Street    8.27am
10.12pm    Northgate    Roma Street    10.27pm
10.48pm    Eagle Junction    Roma Street    11.03pm
11.48pm    Eagle Junction    Roma Street    12.03am
12.12am    Northgate    Roma Street    12.27am
1.01am    Eagle Junction    Roma Street    This is the last service for the evening.

Towards Northgate
04.24am    Roma Street    Northgate    04.39am
3.32pm    Roma Street    Northgate    3.37pm
4.32pm    Roma Street    Northgate    4.37pm
4.52pm    Park Road    Northgate    4.57pm
5.17pm    Roma Street    Northgate    5.19pm
9.24pm    Roma Street    Northgate    9.39pm
9.54pm    Roma Street    Eagle Junction    10.09pm
10.54pm    Roma Street    Eagle Junction    11.09pm
11.24pm    Roma Street    Eagle Junction    11.39pm
12.24am    Roma Street    Northgate    12.36am
12.48am    Roma Street    Eagle Junction    There is no available service, as the last service for the evening is also cancelled.
12.54am    Roma Street    Northgate    This is the last service for the evening.
Partial cancellations
9.31am    Cannon Hill    Northgate    Train is cancelled from Bowen Hills to Northgate.
2.42pm    Northgate    Cleveland    Trains is cancelled from Northgate to Bowen Hills.

Ipswich and Springfield lines
Cancellations
1.39pm    Springfield Central    Kippa-Ring    2.09pm
4.19pm    Bowen Hills    Springfield Central    4.22pm
5.19pm    Bowen Hills    Springfield Central    5.22pm
Partial cancellations
11.46am    Kippa-Ring    Springfield Central    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Springfield Central. The next train to Springfield departs Roma Street at 1.15pm.

Shorncliffe line
Cancellations
10.42am    Northgate    Cannon Hill    10.57am
12.42pm    Northgate    Cannon Hill    12.57am
11.31am    Cannon Hills    Northgate    11.46am
1.31pm    Cannon Hill    Northgate    1.46pm
2.01pm    Cannon Hill    Northgate    2.16pm
Partial cancellations
4.31pm    Cannon Hill    Shorncliffe    Train is cancelled from Roma Street to Shorncliffe. The next train departs Roma Street at 5.09pm
5.39pm    Shorncliffe    Cleveland    Train is cancelled from Shorncliffe to Northgate. The next train departs Shorncliffe at 5.54pm.

SurfRail

I suppose us inter-city types should be thankful these issues have not manifested into any kind of flow-on effect which catches us.
Ride the G:

BrizCommuter

Very concerned that QR have stated that they may need to cancel more trains on Friday than on the interim timetable.

🡱 🡳