• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

TransLink website

Started by ozbob, November 17, 2015, 05:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

TransLink website refresh

>> http://translink.com.au/about-translink/what-we-do/projects-and-initiatives/website-refresh

=======================

We're refreshing the TransLink website and we'd love your feedback!

There are two ways for you to get involved now

1. Information architecture survey

The survey below will ask you some questions to see if it will be easy to find information on the new website. The survey should take approximately five minutes. The survey will be available for two weeks from 16 - 29 November 2015.

TransLink website information architecture survey > https://gu8z13t3.optimalworkshop.com/treejack/translink

2. Web page design testing

The home page (translink.com.au) and our journey planner are our most important pages so we want to make sure they are easy to use. We are keen to hear what you think about our proposed home page and journey planner layout.

We have invited Peak Usability to conduct testing with our TransLink designers at the location below. We will also be offering a prize to two lucky winners to say thank you.

Date: 19 November 2015

Location: Cultural Centre busway station overpass, South Brisbane

Time: 10am - 1pm

Prize: 2 x $100 Visa debit card - terms and conditions.

Stay tuned! In coming months you ll notice some improvements. The website will load faster, be easier to use and will work better on mobile and tablet devices.
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

SurfRail

Fantastic survey questions right here  :ttp: :ttp: :ttp:

Ride the G:

ozbob

kaykayt

:-t Great job Translink!!!

#Metro

Noticed the fares review ToR is on the TL website.

QuotePurpose

The taskforce will be convened to undertake a review of the existing fare structure for public transport in South East Queensland. The review will form the basis of a new fare path strategy that promotes fairness, addresses affordability, and promotes patronage growth.

The aim of the review is to take a holistic view of the existing fare structure and provide options that increase patronage, ensure value for money for both users and government, reduce revenue leakage, simplify the network and continue to encourage take-up of go cards.

The current ticketing system is nearing the end of its planned life and, as such, some initiatives will not be possible using the existing technology. The taskforce may therefore recommend options to be considered as part of the development of the next generation ticketing system.

Simplify the network hey?  :bu :bu
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

LRV 018

A few months on, I'm still seeing the same old website! Not even any improvements in page loading speeds...
QuoteThe website will load faster, be easier to use and will work better on mobile and tablet devices.

:ttp:

I know that good things come to those who wait, but we have been waiting a bit! Looking forward to when it does get done, though.
:bna:

kaykayt

It has been sooooooo long...

ozbob

ozbob

#Metro

The fonts down the bottom are a bit off.

Would be nice if they had a whole-of-network Google Map.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

SurfRail

Their cartography has always been horrible.  It's not really that hard to get it right either.

The QConnect network maps and timetables are fine.  Why it is so difficult to do the same for SEQ, who knows.
Ride the G:

ozbob

Having used the preview website for a while now.  I think I am underwhelmed with it ..  tolerable but doesn't quite seem right to me.

Any comments?

#Metro

Something isn't right. It is simplified for mobile.

Maybe they should be like Google and just have the JP box at the start and if you want more, press a button underneath?

ozbob

kaykayt

Can't find a station or stop anymore on homescreen

aldonius

They also took the bus route search from the homepage. I'm not overly concerned, as it's still available from the drop down.

ozbob

Twitter

TransLink ‏@TransLinkSEQ 2 minutes ago

We're experiencing technical difficulties w/ Journey Planner & technicians are investigating. We'll advise as soon as the issue is resolved.

ozbob

ozbob

I am getting used to the new site. 

I have noticed some discrepancies between the service updates new site vs. old site but I expect that will be sorted when the new site is the default.

ozbob

^ There was a fire alarm at Roma St station which suspended all lines and a major jackpot on http://translink.com.au/

These images at 1415 h on the 25th September 2016

But nothing on the preview site https://preview.translink.com.au/ ( all lines normal )

Just a tad confusing for punters I expect ... 

Nice to know RPL is normal though ...  :bg:

nathandavid88

As an aside to this, I was trying to look up any planned changes on the Caboolture Line on my phone using the new website, but it seemed very broken.

On the above section of the site, I clicked on the "Planned Changes" link next to the Caboolture Line, and I would get sent to the Caboolture Line page with the pop-up appearing on top of it with the information on it. However, that popup would stay up for a couple of seconds (not nearly long enough to read) before it would disappear and I would be redirected back from the Caboolture Line page to the main page. I tried the same thing with some other lines and got the same result of short popup followed by being booted back to the main page.

The only way to get the popup to stay up and not be redirected back to the main page was to select the line to go the line-specific page, and click the link on that page for planned changes. I left feedback for Translink on the page about this issue, I just hope they actually read it.

ozbob

kaykayt

Any reason why it says Springfield line to Redcliffe Peninsula Train (in black) on the new translink website and update UI app? Instead of light blue and just "Redcliffe Peninsula Train"

https://jp.translink.com.au/plan-your-journey/stops/springfield-central-station

kaykayt

Also to add to that was it usually that the train to the city classified as Upwards and trains out of the city as Downwards on the Ipswich and Springfield line?

SurfRail

OK - so why does TransLink show its services in such a nonsensical way?

They appear to be organised in chronological order based on departure from their origin point.  This produces the absurd results seen here if you have services leaving from locations that are quite far apart.

Why can we not have something more sensible?  It cannot be that difficult to orient services by when they pass through a common corridor (like Bowen Hills to Roma Street).

Also, why can't they treat railway lines as individual lines?  You get idiotic outcomes like there being 50+ route combinations in Google Maps, whereas everybody else just has "Mandurah Line", "T3 Bankstown Line" or similar with an inbound and outbound direction.  Here, you don't have a "Beenleigh line", you have "Beenleigh to Ferny Grove", "Beenleigh to Bowen Hills" and every other variation, including in the opposite direction - and that is for EVERY line.
Ride the G:

SurfRail

The issue I posted about immediately above appears to have been fixed recently - the trips are all organised with reference to Central.  Well done on a very sensible move.   :clp:

On the other hand, the stupid "route number" issue still hasn't been fixed (see following post for the way it is done interstate in places which also have through-routed trains that start on one line and continue on another.
Ride the G:

SurfRail

Much more sensible:
Ride the G:

aldonius

The Ipswich/Rosewood line is still a bit of a hot mess.

Right now I see, left to right:

- a Springfield Central to Caboolture service (dep SpC @ 2:39, Central @ 3:22)
- an Ipswich to Kippa-Ring service (dep Ips @ 2:37, Central @ 3:37) - so far so good
- a Rosewood to Ipswich service (dep Rsw @ 3:50, Ips @ 4:11)
- the next Springfield-Caboolture service (dep SpC @ 3:09, Central @ 3:52)
- another Rosewood to Ipswich service (dep Rsw @ 4:05, Ips @ 4:26)

So the Rosewood shuttles have... kinda come adrift here. In the printable PDF timetable, those two Rosewood shuttles are listed after the 4:07 Ipswich - Kippa-Ring, and aligned with the 4:37 Ipswich - Caboolture.

SurfRail

For lack of anywhere else to post this:

https://translink.com.au/service-updates

Whatever has been done to this page recently means the dates sort alphabetically rather than by date order as it used to.  Tres helpful...  :dntk
Ride the G:

Cazza

Seems to have now been fixed back to chronological date order.

verbatim9

I have discovered a great feature which is incorporated into a mobile search via Google.

Type in Translink into a mobile search then touch search

Scroll down and it displays cards with real time trips from your location as well as current delays for all modes as well as Twitter updates in time order.  One can scroll through the twitter updates left to right with the far left being the latest.

🡱 🡳