• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Mains Rd Transitway / Browns Plains Busway

Started by #Metro, October 20, 2015, 21:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

Latest Mayoral challenger Rod Harding has transitways for the Old Cleveland and Gympie Road corridors. Another eligible corridor is Mains Road - bus lanes could be extended here to Calamvale Central Shopping Centre.

I am aware that there is support for a rail corridor in this area, however the rail corridor has extremely poor alignment, whereas the Mains Rd corridor is 'on the way' passing directly through a number of major and local shopping centres. The corridor also has proven high demand.

I would propose that a 14-km Class B or Class A ROW Busway extension be looked at. I would expect this to cost at minimum around 1.5 BN in total, but this could be staged over a number of years as the busway is built in sections. It is likely that with future growth there will be pressure to add general road lanes to the corridor, so some of this cost would actually represent diverted future spending on additional road lanes.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

🡱 🡳