• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Transport for NSW is ‘Best in Show’

Started by ozbob, April 02, 2015, 13:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/transport-nsw-%E2%80%98best-show%E2%80%99

Transport for NSW is 'Best in Show'

Move over giant pumpkin and prized heifer – Transport for NSW is this year's 'Best in Show' at the Royal Easter Show.

The Royal Agricultural Society today awarded Transport for NSW a Gold Award for the 'Best in Pavilion' as well as prestigious 'Best in Show' for the overall best commercial exhibit across all pavilions.

The interactive Transport for NSW stand allows customers to learn about road and maritime safety, as well as getting closer to some of Australia's largest transport projects, including Opal, North West Rail Link, light rail and WestConnex.

At the stand show visitors can take the Tired Test to help understand the dangers of fatigue, go on a virtual boating trip on Sydney Harbour, and learn about the mega tunneling machines working deep underground on the North West Rail Link.

The Best in Show award is judged on criteria such as the interactivity, innovation and design of the stand along with the attitude and knowledge of the personnel.

Accepting the award today, Transport for NSW Deputy Director General, Customer Experience Tony Braxton-Smith said the interactive stand reflected the customer-focused culture of Transport for NSW.

"Transport for NSW is an incredibly diverse organisation and has achieved much since its inception four years ago," Mr Braxton-Smith said.

"The Transport for NSW stand will be open every day of the show and is jam-packed with information to help keep you and your family safe on our roads and on the water.

"If you are making your way to the show, don't forget to pass by the 'Best in Show' Transport for NSW stand – you can find us in the Home, Garden and Lifestyle hall.

Customers buying ShowLink tickets for this year's Easter Show can buy them online or at a Woolworths store. These tickets can be used as a flash pass for public transport to and from the show.

Find out more about ShowLink tickets here http://www.eastershow.com.au/tickets/
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

pandmaster

I visited the exhibit. Staff were good, certainly towed the government's line. Not well informed outside of the training manual, though I do not think it was designed for people who follow these things. A good bit of PR for some major projects anyway.

colinw

I hear their exhibit on Newcastle's new and improved service was a real winner.  :pfy:

pandmaster

Quote from: colinw on April 07, 2015, 08:34:28 AM
I hear their exhibit on Newcastle's new and improved service was a real winner.  :pfy:

Surprisingly there was no mention of that!!! The only light rail was the CBD and South East line. Not that Newcastle will ever have light rail anyway!

SurfRail

^ I don't see any reason to disbelieve them at this point.
Ride the G:

pandmaster

Quote from: SurfRail on April 11, 2015, 10:40:25 AM
^ I don't see any reason to disbelieve them at this point.

I find it suspicious that the government did not build the light rail street alignment first and then truncate the heavy rail to minimise the disruptions to commuters. Now (pending the court case) the developers get their land and the government can cry poor when it comes time to sign the light rail contracts.

🡱 🡳