Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Links

Author Topic: Station Upgrades  (Read 32831 times)

Offline timh

Re: Station Upgrades
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2019, 06:44:57 AM »
Mostly P1-3 and sectorisation works. From what I remember it incorporated the removal of the planned infrastructure needed at Strathpine interchange (ie additional platforms for turnbacks of Strathpine to city via Northgate services). P2/3 extended to 9 car length and set up for future sectorisation ie NCL/NWTC express services. P2/3 was to be a platform for terminators/starters. P4 was down MBRL. P5/6 for up mbrl and NCL Starters/terminators in peak hour. In the future south of Lawnton is to be a quad. With sectorisation P5/P6 enabled dedicated platforms for starters/terminators without conflicting moves such as at Park Road. It's been known for ages that land to the north west has been reserved for a stabling yard so dead running would have been minimised quite a lot. Might have been overkill in the short term but long term it was ideally set up as a proper network with CRR/NWTC/CAMCOS in mind. I'm sure i've left a few things out like a triple to caboolture but its mostly sectorisation/future works that were removed.

It sounds like they've planned it out rather well at least. Obviously if they were to do those upgrades now, I'd assume they've shot themselvss in the foot and it would be much more expensive to retrofit, rather than do it all properly in the first instance.its a shame. What the others are saying is right. No forward thinking, and too concerned about the short term bottom line.

Offline HappyTrainGuy

• My train... My people... My money!
« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2019, 07:16:24 AM »
It shouldn’t be too bad but it’s the turning around of trains that will play a part at a later date. Unless they just pump them all out of stabling yards/turn around crews.
"What housing crisis?? There are plenty of free mobile apartments rolling around on the rails every day"

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #402 on: April 16, 2019, 07:44:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/railbotforum/status/1117904748382867458
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Bobs Blog  Instagram   Facebook  @ozbob13@mastodon.social

Offline verbatim9

« Reply #403 on: April 30, 2019, 05:36:35 PM »
Southbank Station to receive a splash of artistic colour

Brisbane times-------------------->https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/street-artist-blu-art-xinja-to-revive-south-brisbane-station-with-colour-20190426-p51hol.html

Street artist Blu Art Xinja to revive South Bank station with colour
JOCELYN GARCIA APRIL 28, 2019
Commuters will soon find South Bank Station covered in blue with artwork created by anonymous street artist Blu Art Xinja after a deal was struck with Queensland Rail.

The agreement to bring colour to blank spaces near the station's entrance comes after the much-loved Smoke piece was removed from the chimney of Central Station's heritage-listed building.

The feature that had stood tall for almost two years will not return to the station despite Queensland Rail last year promising to keep it after its Central Station refurbishment.

Smoke, by guerrilla street artist Blue Art Xinja, has been at Central Station since 2012.

In February, Queensland Rail chief executive Nick Easy told Brisbane Times that time and weather has taken its toll on Smoke.

"The artwork was required to be removed, as Queensland Rail is currently undertaking a range of heritage restoration works to the old Central station building, including in the area where the art piece was located," he said.

"However, when the artwork was removed, it was found to be in poor condition due to the wooden material used and wet weather impacts."

Queensland Rail then returned the artwork to Xinja.

Xinja said he was pleased Smoke was well-received by all, including Queensland Rail after it had featured in a 3D digital walk through of the proposed upgrades.

"Being heritage-listed, I was unable to get permission to replace it on the same chimney again," he said.

Blu Art Xinja will be installing art pieces like this one in Fortitude Valley in the lead up to Brisbane Street Art Festival.Credit:Blu Art Xinja

"It was one of my favourite pieces ... I think it's the end of Smoke at that station, I don't think I'll rock the boat and replace it.

"There might be a new home for a replica on another chimney somewhere but the original is too worn out.

"But Queensland Rail liked what I was doing and South Bank Station isn't heritage-listed so there are plenty of options."

Xinja said it was always humbling to be requested to make art, which might be seen as early as July, but he would always do it for the love of it.

"It's always good to get paid for your work when it's legitimate when all my other art is paid out of my own pocket," he said.

"I've always been an artist my whole life and to create art and put it in random places in the city, I think revives the city.

"I get so much satisfaction when I see it up there and it hasn't been removed, it means people accept it."

Xinja said he felt Brisbane was evolving and slowly becoming accepting of street art after Brisbane City Council declared war on unauthorised street art years ago.

"There is the Brisbane Street Art Festival that has been running for a few years now but it's becoming more popular and council is starting to realise it makes the place look better," he said.

"Spray painting gets a bad rap for graffiti but if it's used as an art form and not tagging names on random buildings, people can see the beauty behind it."

Xinja planned to surprise commuters and residents in Fortitude Valley in the lead up to the festival with a series of artworks expected to pop up randomly next week.

-with Tony Moore

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
« Reply #404 on: April 30, 2019, 05:46:00 PM »
I'd rather it receive a splash of any of the following:
- Access between platforms 1 and 2/3 via Tribune St
- Weather protection
- Platform raising
- Adequate number of go card readers
- Even platform surfaces

It looks like an absolute tip even by QR's paltry standards.  Wish they would hurry up about finishing it, AJ Group have finished their buildings so what is taking so long?
Ride the G:

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2019, 03:02:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/MarkBaileyMP/status/1130636142598950913

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »
^

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2019/5/21/accessibility-upgrades-for-six-southside-stations

Media Statements

Minister for Transport and Main Roads
The Honourable Mark Bailey

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Accessibility upgrades for six southside stations

The Palaszczuk Government has announced funding and unveiled its plans for major accessibility upgrades to six stations on Brisbane’s southside.

Transport and Main Roads Minister and Member for Miller Mark Bailey and Member for Toohey Peter Russo today announced Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka, Rocklea and Salisbury stations would receive a facelift and accessibility upgrades to coincide with the Palaszczuk Government’s $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project.

The upgrades are part of a $57 million boost to the Palaszczuk Government’s $300 million station accessibility upgrade program.

“Queenslanders are backing public transport like never before with a record 182 million trips across the South East last financial year,” Mr Bailey said.

“Cross River Rail already includes plans to build an additional platform at these southside stations, so it makes sense that we also invest in accessibility upgrades to the existing station platforms at the same time, so they can be delivered by the Cross River Rail contractor.

“The station upgrades are designed to minimise network disruption with new platforms also to be prefabricated off-site.

“Station accessibility will be boosted with new overpasses, lifts, kiss’n’ride infrastructure and bike facilities included in Cross River Rail’s proposed package of works.

“These upgrades will make it easier for commuters with a disability, parents with prams and travellers with luggage to use our public transport system.

“We are committed to ensuring our public transport system delivers for all Queenslanders.

“Cross River Rail’s southside improvement plans will unlock extra rail capacity and deliver the essential infrastructure that can support high frequency services on the transport network.”

Member for Toohey Peter Russo said the upgrades will see the height of station platforms raised on the Gold Coast and Beenleigh lines that will use Cross River Rail’s capacity-building twin underground tunnels.

“An extra third platform will also be added to each of the six stations to boost capacity and convenience for passengers,” Mr Russo said.

Mr Russo said Cross River Rail’s proposed station upgrades would be assessed by the independent Coordinator-General with a community information forum planned for June 6, 2019 at Annerley Hall, 8 Waldheim Street, Annerley.

“This is an important opportunity to find out what’s planned for the southside and to have your say on Cross River Rail’s once-in-a-generation transformation of high frequency transport in our community,” Mr Russo said.

Feedback on the six southside station upgrade plans can be uploaded to the website of the independent Coordinator-General until 5pm on Friday, June 14, 2019 at www.dsd.qld.gov.au/crr

ENDS

====

" ... Member for Toohey Peter Russo said the upgrades will see the height of station platforms raised on the Gold Coast and Beenleigh lines that will use Cross River Rail’s capacity-building twin underground tunnels. ..."

Hallelujah!  Now for the rest of the network with half-baked ' upgrades ' ...

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2019, 05:24:22 PM »
Brisbanetimes --> Facelift for six south Brisbane train stations

Six south Brisbane train stations are set to be upgraded to ensure they meet accessibility standards with new lifts, overpasses and bike racks in preparation for the long-awaited Cross River Rail.

The state government has promised a facelift for Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka, Rocklea and Salisbury stations, to coincide with the project.

“Queenslanders are backing public transport like never before with a record 182 million trips across the south-east last financial year,” Transport Minister Mark Bailey said.

“Cross River Rail already includes plans to build an additional platform at these southside stations, so it makes sense that we also invest in accessibility upgrades to the existing station platforms at the same time, so they can be delivered by the Cross River Rail contractor.”

Queensland will be "going it alone" with funding the $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project after the Coalition failed to provide any help in the federal budget.

Federal Labor promised to give $2.24 billion if they won government, but that went up in smoke with Saturday’s electoral bloodbath.

But Treasurer Jackie Trad said Queensland had not included the $2.24 billion promised by Federal Labor in the 2019-20 Queensland budget for the Cross River Rail project.

"No. We do not develop budgets based on hypotheticals," Ms Trad said.

"We fully funded Cross River Rail in last year's state budget. So we were not waiting on any particular election outcome."

The south Brisbane station upgrades have been designed to minimise network disruption with new platforms also to be prefabricated off-site, Mr Bailey said.

“Station accessibility will be boosted with new overpasses, lifts, kiss’n’ride infrastructure and bike facilities included in Cross River Rail’s proposed package of works," he said.

“These upgrades will make it easier for commuters with a disability, parents with prams and travellers with luggage to use our public transport system."

The $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project promises to deliver an extra 18,000 seats on Brisbane trains, take 14,000 drivers off the roads, cut travel time on existing south-east Queensland train lines and create more than 7700 jobs.

It boasts a new 10.2-kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, where 5.9 kilometres will run under the Brisbane River, providing the city with new underground rail stations at Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street.

It was needed because the Merivale rail bridge near Roma Street station – Brisbane's only rail link between Brisbane's northside and southside, will soon be unable to cope with the number of trains.

Early works were already under way with major construction to start in late 2019. Cross River Rail is expected to be operational in 2024.

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »
Guarantee there won't be full raising of any of the existing platforms.  Fairfield has already been designed on the usual cack-handed basis.

The third platform at Moorooka is halfway to Moolabin!  I suspect that should only see use in unusual circumstances (I certainly hope so).
Ride the G:

Offline verbatim9

« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2019, 07:50:48 PM »
On 7 news full platform raising has been mentioned------->

https://twitter.com/7NewsBrisbane/status/1130750696926539776

Offline verbatim9

« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
Mark Bailey's FB Status--------> https://www.facebook.com/1408935539376139/posts/2304250099844674/

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
Mark Bailey's FB Status--------> https://www.facebook.com/1408935539376139/posts/2304250099844674/

^ thanks ..

====

https://www.facebook.com/MarkBaileyMP/posts/2304250099844674?comment_id=2304485036487847

Robert Dow Welcome news. A question please. In the statement http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2019/5/21/accessibility-upgrades-for-six-southside-stations " ... Member for Toohey Peter Russo said the upgrades will see the height of station platforms raised on the Gold Coast and Beenleigh lines that will use Cross River Rail’s capacity-building twin underground tunnels. ..." are the platforms going to be raised for the full length, or is it just the raised the centre sections? I hope it is full length. Thanks. Robert

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2019, 01:15:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/MarkBaileyMP/status/1130731429409640448

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2019, 01:26:03 AM »
Couriermail --> Brisbane southside train stations in $60m upgrade for Cross River Rail

A STRING of train stations on Brisbane’s southside will get a $57 million upgrade to improve accessibility and prepare them for Cross River Rail, says Transport Minister Mark Bailey.

Improvements at Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Morooka, Rocklea and Salisbury stations will include new lifts, upgraded overpasses and bike storage facilities, improving access for commuters with a disability, parents with prams and travellers with luggage.

Mr Bailey said all six stations were in need of modernisation before a third platform was added as part of the $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project.

“Cross River Rail already includes plans to build an additional platform at these southside stations so it makes sense that we invest in accessibility upgrades to the existing station platforms at the same time so they can be delivered by the Cross River Rail contractor,” he said.

Mr Bailey said the upgrades were designed to minimise network disruption with the new platforms to be prefabricated offsite.

“The intention is to keep services rolling as we do these upgrades,” he said.

“We’ve done many upgrades right across the system in live environments where we continue to provide the service,” he said.

“They take a little longer to do that but it maintains the service.”

Mr Bailey said the Government was still confident of delivering Cross River Rail by 2024 despite federal Labor’s shock loss in Saturday’s election meaning there would be no federal funding for the project.

“I’m very confident that we will be delivering Cross River Rail on time, on budget and it’s something that will benefit not just every commuter in southeast Queensland but everybody else on the road system,” he said.

Artist’s impression of the Salisbury station upgrade

Artist’s impression of the Moorooka station upgrade

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2019, 02:41:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/QueenslandRail/status/1130744073919184896

Offline kram0

« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2019, 05:45:33 AM »
The frustrating thing is we got pictures and a glossy brochure on the Central station upgrade, but one thing always seems to be lacking.....construction of the project following.

Any word in either Central or South Bank station?

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2019, 05:49:31 AM »
The frustrating thing is we got pictures and a glossy brochure on the Central station upgrade, but one thing always seems to be lacking.....construction of the project following.

Any word in either Central or South Bank station?

Last we heard re Central was 24th December 2018

" Regarding the Central station program, the first stage of the refurbishment was completed in April 2017 and involved works to the back of house facilities including offices, customer communication and first aid areas.

To ensure Central station was fully operational during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, a range of front of house works were delivered ahead of the Games in April.

These works included cleaning, painting, new lighting and fans, tile repairs, column cladding, lift and escalator maintenance, as well as replacement of roof sheeting on the outer concourse.

The planning for the remainder of the upgrade work is now progressing, which will include major works such as platform raising, and upgraded lifts and escalators.

We will ensure our customers and key stakeholders are kept informed of delivery timeframes as this planning work progresses. "

I will be meeting with QR next week.  I plan to ask what is happening.

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2019, 11:08:57 AM »

^ thanks ..

====

https://www.facebook.com/MarkBaileyMP/posts/2304250099844674?comment_id=2304485036487847

Robert Dow Welcome news. A question please. In the statement http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2019/5/21/accessibility-upgrades-for-six-southside-stations " ... Member for Toohey Peter Russo said the upgrades will see the height of station platforms raised on the Gold Coast and Beenleigh lines that will use Cross River Rail’s capacity-building twin underground tunnels. ..." are the platforms going to be raised for the full length, or is it just the raised the centre sections? I hope it is full length. Thanks. Robert

I have been invited in to CRR DA for a briefing next week.  Probably as a result of this FB post above.  Minister has not responded to my post as yet, but it was suggested to me that it might well be full length full height.  This is to be confirmed next week.

It states the following in http://www.statedevelopment.qld.gov.au/assessments-and-approvals/cross-river-rail-project-changes.html document Volume 1 - Request for project change 4 application (40 MB) when referring to Fairfield to Salisbury Station Upgrades"

" • Raising of existing platforms, on either side or in an island configuration "  That infers full length to me.  Will confirm next week.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:28:20 AM by ozbob »

Offline timh

« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2019, 11:40:49 AM »
Do we know if the upgrades to Salisbury station are being gold plated at all with future Beaudesert line in mind? Ala gold plating to Petrie station for NWTC that didn't happen that we were talking about recently with HTG

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »
Do we know if the upgrades to Salisbury station are being gold plated at all with future Beaudesert line in mind? Ala gold plating to Petrie station for NWTC that didn't happen that we were talking about recently with HTG

Don't know Tim but if they are doing full height full length they are not mucking around. 

Offline kram0

« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »
I have asked the minister if the upgraded stations will be full height, full length but have had no response yet.

Have you been informed?

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2019, 01:36:45 PM »
Just now, Minister has responded to my post ..

Mark Bailey MP - Labor for Miller Robert Dow Yes full length Robert 😊👍
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:06:03 PM by ozbob »

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
At last, full length full height platforms.  Very necessary if dwell times are going to be managed properly particularly with the frequency that will be running through this corridor.  Also safer of course, less slips and falls and generally easier to get on and off trains generally.

The fact that the upgrades Fairfield to Salisbury are being done by CRR DA ( with QR involvement ) I think means that the right sort of outcomes look like being achieved.

Offline kram0

« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2019, 02:08:15 PM »
Just now, Minister has responded to my post ..

Mark Bailey MP - Labor for Miller Robert Dow Yes full length Robert 😊👍

Good news. Now lets hope they can get on and get these built in a timely manner.

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2019, 02:19:32 PM »
Facebook

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2019, 02:31:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/railbotforum/status/1131054858339926016

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2019, 01:38:57 AM »
Facebook

A lot of interest in this post ...   :is-
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:32:38 AM by ozbob »

Offline nathandavid88

« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2019, 01:41:01 PM »
The lift down to Platform 2 of the Queen Street Bus Station is beginning to materialize, finally!

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2019, 08:35:32 AM »
Interview on ABC Radio Brisbane with Geoff Trappett OAM Inclusion Moves and host Steve Austin 23rd May 2019

Subject:  station upgrades and accessibility

Here --> https://backontrack.org/docs/abcbris/abcbris_gt23may19.mp3  MP3 9.1MB

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »
Sent to all outlets:

24th May 2019

Station accessibility upgrades Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka, Rocklea and Salisbury

Good Morning,

Welcome news that a further six stations on the southern line are to have accessibility upgrades ( Accessibility upgrades for six southside stations http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2019/5/21/accessibility-upgrades-for-six-southside-stations ).

An important aspect of the proposed upgrades is that the stations viz. Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka, Rocklea and Salisbury, will be having full length platform raising (1).  A lot of recent accessibility upgrades have only seen the centre sections of platforms raised.

We have advocated now for some time suggesting that for the upgrades to be really complete and properly functional full length platform raising is essential. This is important so that dwell times can be managed properly. This is very important with the frequency that will be running through the southern corridor so good to note that this will be case for these stations, but prolonged dwell times related to low level platforms on all lines is a problem for on-time running, especially at peak. Centre section platform raising still results in prolonged dwell times. It is also safer of course to have full length platform raising, less slips and falls, and easier for all passengers to get on and off trains. Important with an aging demographic.

We fervently hope that all future accessibility station upgrades will include full length platform raising.

The precedent has been set!

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org
RAIL Back On Track https://backontrack.org

Reference:

1. Station upgrades Fairfield, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly, Moorooka, Rocklea and Salisbury https://www.facebook.com/RAILBackOnTrack/posts/2631571393523698

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #430 on: May 24, 2019, 09:28:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/railbotforum/status/1131703462947721216

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #431 on: May 25, 2019, 05:29:09 AM »
Queensland Times 25th May 2019 page 4

Have a say on new station

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #432 on: May 28, 2019, 04:44:33 PM »
New train station for East Ipswich

> https://www.ipswichfirst.com.au/new-train-station-for-east-ipswich/

Full height, full length ..

Transport and Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey said it was part of the State Government’s $357 million Station Accessibility Upgrade Program.

“This major project will deliver an entirely new station precinct, with a range of accessibility features including a footbridge with lifts, high level platforms to provide easier access on and off the train, hearing loops and tactile platform edges,” Mr Bailey said.

“The project will also include a new ticket office, accessible toilets and improved security features, such as upgraded lighting and CCTV.”

I have heard now from two different sources that all future DDA upgrades will be full length full height platforms ..   :-t

Offline Cazza

« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2019, 09:50:42 PM »
Shame my Newmarket Station missed out on the full length pledge. Anyway, good to hear the constant pressure on the pollies has paid off Bob :mu:
New BT Network: https://bit.ly/2VV7QB0
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
« Reply #434 on: May 29, 2019, 04:37:30 AM »
The problem is they were saying the same thing when South Brisbane was upgraded and it didn't ultimately prove to be true.  We need to keep hammering them and keep a very close eye on any new proposed works.

Bob - does this extend to the few currently in the design phase like Auchenflower or only any "new" new ones?
Ride the G:

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #435 on: May 29, 2019, 04:43:05 AM »
All new upgrades from now as I understand it, those presently underway in terms of actual works will still get the raised centre sections only.  I would expect Auchenflower to be full length platform raising.  East Ipswich preceded that and it is now full length platform raising.

We have been on this case for over 10 years now.  It should have been a simple decision 10 years ago.  Still, better late then never I guess.

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #436 on: May 29, 2019, 04:58:38 AM »
Shame my Newmarket Station missed out on the full length pledge. Anyway, good to hear the constant pressure on the pollies has paid off Bob :mu:

Thanks. A lot of effort put in by members all, myself and particularly mufreight.    It is so damn frustrating at times watching the half baked stuff being rolled out.  Mufreight has constantly raised this with QR since the Indooroopilly and Darra station upgrade days (both of which were and are half baked cluster-fuks  :P). 

:hc

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2019, 12:47:52 AM »
Queensland Times --> Ipswich's newest train station officially announced

Ipswich commuters and residents are being invited to have their say on concept designs for a new East Ipswich train station.

IPSWICH'S newest train station as officially been announced with plans for the demolition and relocation of East Ipswich train station open for public viewing.

The existing station building will be removed, as well as the footbridge.

The existing platform one is set to become a pedestrian link from the Bennet St car park and the existing platform two will be closed.

The new platforms, station building, lifts and footbridge will be built 120m east of the existing footbridge.

The upgrades are part of Queensland Rain and State Government's Station Upgrade Program (SUP) that is focused on providing improvements to train stations to allow all customers to travel safely and easily.

THe project outline includes a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access, fully raise platforms, a new station building and entrances on Metron and Coronation streets.

It will also include new wayfinding and platfo m signage, new security cameras, lighting and a bicycle enclosure.

The upgrades are set to cater for projected population growth.

Residents and commuters were invited in May 2019 to review the plans at East Ipswich station to promote the plans.

Jennifer Howard, Member for Ipswich said the local community and commuters invited to share their feedback ahead of detailed design work.

"This project is an important investment for the East Ipswich community and we want to ensure that residents and customers can help shape the proposed designs before we enter the detailed design and construction phases,” she said.

Mark Bailey, Transport and Main Roads Minister outlined the upgrade is part of the State Government's $357 million Station Accessibility Upgrade Program.

"This major project will deliver an entirely new station precinct, with a range of accessibility features including a footbridge with lifts, high level platforms to provide easier access on and off the train, hearing loops and tactile platform edges,” he said.

"The project will also include a new ticket office, accessible toilets and improved security features, such as upgraded lighting and CCTV.” Mr Bailey said.

" ... fully raise platforms ... "  :bg:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan