• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Announcement .. 'don't get angry, get even' fare campaign ..

Started by ozbob, December 30, 2013, 20:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Today, is the launch of the ' don't get angry, get even ' fare campaign for SEQ.

Yes, we are going to give the advice, the tips, the techniques, to screw them ..  :co3 :hg
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

No dinosaurs ... no bullsh%t .. just practical reality ..  any issues send me an email: admin@backontrack.org

ozbob

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

30th December 2013

'don't get angry, get even' fare campaign

Greetings,

Today has seen the launch of the :

http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=10444.0

Government and Translink have abandoned us.

I, and many others, will stand firm.

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org
RAIL Back On Track http://backontrack.org

ozbob

An observation today ..

Punter out at Ippy, had a go card holder. Each pocket had a concession go card ...

Obviously someone, who is adept at the two card double shuffle .. .

WHAT A SHAMBLES ... 

Many  Seniors though struggle with the two paid journey concept,  I grieve for them .. take a bow SEQ you pr%%ks ...

James

Bob, concession go card holders (like myself) don't get 'One-two-free' like Seniors do. If we did, I'd be up at sparrows making a trips between two nearby bus stops in order to get free trips everywhere after 9am.

I however, am not complaining about the new fare system. Now BOTH my daily commute trips occur in the off-peak, not to mention they were already one-zone concession trips anyway, the cheapest on the network. A bargain, given I get personalised home rocket services on weeknights for FREE (after completing 9 paid journeys)! :co3 Even during the day sometimes, I get personalised transport from my doorstep to the City - non-stop and without interchange, at the expense of the lovely residents of the Centenary suburbs, who pay $400 annually to subsidise my personal limousine to the CBD.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

ozbob

Dear James.

You and I are somewhat sophisticated regards this fare shambles in SEQ. Many are not ..

Lets work for a better, equitable, fair, fare system .. I hurt when I see the punters buying paper singles on the 526 or the 524, or the 522 or the 500, for example ....

On rail they don't bother ... the fare system is a degenerate mess ...

Hello, there is a voice here!  We will continue to try to sort it ..  it is us!

Cheers
Robert

ozbob

Bobs go card tips:

#1 Do not, under any circumstances allow yourself or friends to buy paper single tickets ..

ozbob

ozbob

From the Queensland Times click here!

Unwanted new year gift for Ipswich commuters

http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2013/12/30/IQT_31-12-2013_NEWS_05_LINK30A_t460.jpg

NO GO: Kevin Page of Collingwood Park is critical of the upcoming public transport price rise. David Nielsen

QuoteIPSWICH commuters face another public transport fare hike as they head back to work in 2014 - the fifth in as many years.

From January 6 a trip from Ipswich station to Brisbane city will cost commuters $7.66, an increase of 7.5% on last year.

Commuters have faced the brunt of fare hikes throughout the end of the Bligh government and the beginning of the Newman Government.

A spokesman for Transport Minister Scott Emerson said the Newman Government promised to halve Labor's fare hikes in 2013 and 2014.

"We've done this by finding almost $200 million in savings while still revitalising front line services," the spokesman said.

"We'll continue to look to improve public transport to fix Labor's waste and fare hikes before making a decision on future fare changes."

Robert Dow, spokesman for RAIL Back On Track said the five-year, high cost fare path had reduced patronage numbers.

"It is has failed to do that because the massive fare increases have led to patronage stagnation, despite many increases in service kilometres for bus and rail.

"During 2013 the fare fail has been further compounded by the failed bus reviews.

"All bus regions now are having route, frequency and span-of-hours cuts inflicted upon them, principally to support the failed bus direct service model fixated on by Brisbane City Council.

"From January 6, 2014 a one zone single adult paper ticket will cost $5.20.

"Go card fares are a little bit more affordable relative to paper."

Commuter Kevin Page said another fare hike would hit those commuters making their way into the city from regional areas harder.

Mr Page spends more than $12 a day to travel from Redbank to Central.

"I thought it was expensive to start with," he said.

"The transport out here is fine but when you start going into the city and the amount of zones you cross, it's expensive.

"It's good value out here, I've gone from Collingwood Park to Bremer High School and that's under $4."

The spokesman said since the Newman Government was elected south-east Queensland public transport has had a number of improvements, including providing free travel after nine weekly journeys; expanding the off-peak discount to start at 8.30am from January 6 and significantly improving reliability and on-time running.

Stillwater

Governments always stick up for the status quo, even if they are working behind the scenes to change things, and they say phrases such as 'the government's position remains unchanged' .... until the day the minister announces a change.

The interesting quote in the above story is this:

Mr Emerson: "We'll continue to look to improve public transport to fix Labor's waste and fare hikes before making a decision on future fare changes."

We must maintain the pressure, pointing out the absurdities, and reminding the Premier, Mr Newman, that he promised a PT fare review.

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

31st December 2013

'don't get angry, get even'  - Go card user education campaign

Good Morning Brisbane Media and others,

Clearly the Newman Government lacks the insight and the concern to sort out the fare system mess in south-east Queensland.

So I am requesting your support to educate citizens on how to use the go card optimally to help minimise the impacts of the savage fare increases.  Once the public en mass wakes up to the absolute shambles the fare system is and extract massive amounts of ' free ' travel, the Government might actually be forced to act in the community's best interests and sort it.

The first point that needs to be stressed is that no one should use paper single tickets.  They are even more expensive (at least 30%) for the equivalent trip with a go card and have time limitations, no free after nine paid journey cap, no off peak fares.  So it is a no-brainer to NOT use them at any cost.  Paper single tickets also help make the mediocre bus network even more inefficient, and adds to costs, more than it need be as well as buses are delayed with paper single purchases on board.

========================================

User tip #1  for Seniors and those on the two paid journey cap

The two card trick. Transferring is only possible from the same or adjoining zone.

So one way of getting two paid journeys completed quickly for Seniors is to have a normal Seniors go card, and a secondary Seniors go card.  For those who are in inner suburbs it is a lot easier to get two paid journeys completed quickly by doing zoners (short journeys) on buses.

However in middle and outer suburbia some innovation is needed. So say someone at Ipswich touches on and commences a journey to Brisbane.  At Darra, break journey and touch off.  Then touch on with secondary go card.  One paid journey is now complete on primary card.  Continue journey to say Milton.  Break journey and touch off with secondary go card.  Touch back on with primary go card (even though time is less than one hour from previous touch off because zone difference greater than one, initiates a new journey), touch off at Roma St or Central and go and have a cup of coffee. Two paid journeys now complete on primary go card. Have a cup of coffee for an hour.  Then you can travel to Gold Coast or wherever for the rest of the day for free. Happy travelling!  A recent example of the two card trick can be seen here --> http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=7374.msg135789#msg135789

The two card trick is also useful for normal go card holders who wish to gain some extra paid journeys on the way the work ...  do your sums.

http://translink.com.au/sites/default/files/assets/resources/tickets-and-fares/go-card/130801-user-guide.pdf

Transferring  tips:
        • A journey is the distance travelled from
        departure to destination. A journey might
        involve several trips using different transport
        modes or routes.
        • A transfer is a change of transport mode or
        route to another service or route at the end of
        a trip to continue a journey.
        • A trip is the distance travelled on one route.
        When you transfer to another route or service
        you're commencing a new trip. You can make
        up to 4 trips within the 1 journey.
        Don't forget:
        • Your journey must continue from the same
        zone or adjoining zone.
        • There is a 1 hour time limit between transfers.
        That means you must touch on to your trip
        within 60 minutes of touching off at the end
        of your previous trip.
        • You must touch on to your final trip within
        3.5 hours of when you started your first trip.
        You have 6 hours to complete the journey.
        • You can transfer up to 3 times across
        all zones.

User tip #2

Lunch time ' zoners '

Anyone on a regular go card who does the traditional commute to and from work can save a lot of money by doing a lunch time one stop bus journey (or rail journey) at lunch time.  Once you complete nine paid journeys in a week (Mon  - Sun) your travel is free.

By completing three paid journeys a day (to work, lunch time journey, to home) you will complete 9 paid journeys when you complete home journey on Wednesday.

You travel free then on Thursday and Friday, and the weekend as desired. Savings can be considerable, particularly if a high zone commute.

===============================

It is rather sad that the failure that is the fare system is allowed to continue, drive people off public transport and continue to worsen fare affordability.

There are real concerns with transport in Queensland.  Bus failures, fare failures and now seriously worsening road congestion.

Time to stand up and be counted.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on December 30, 2013, 21:08:05 PM
Sent to all outlets:

30th December 2013

Greetings,

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

STB

Quote from: ozbob on December 30, 2013, 22:26:11 PM
Dear James.

You and I are somewhat sophisticated regards this fare shambles in SEQ. Many are not ..

Lets work for a better, equitable, fair, fare system .. I hurt when I see the punters buying paper singles on the 526 or the 524, or the 522 or the 500, for example ....

On rail they don't bother ... the fare system is a degenerate mess ...

Hello, there is a voice here!  We will continue to try to sort it ..  it is us!

Cheers
Robert

My mind boggles why people continue to buy paper tickets.  Tend to be teenagers, single mothers with kids in low socio-economic areas and tourists from my travels that tend to buy them.

Stillwater

What message does it send to tourists who don't know the first thing about Go-card?  I am reminded of the case of a young visiting Victorian couple with two children who caught the bus for a journey of about 4km.  It happened at Noosa.  The wife burst into tears when she was told the paper ticket fare.  And that was before she probably realised the financial pain was twice that, taking into account the return journey.  You can bet the kids didn't get an ice-cream that day!

This is the tourist state.  We are sending the wrong message to visitors who want to use public transport.

Queenslanders can go to Sydney and Melbourne and get all-day and multi-day 'rover' tickets.  We rip southerners off when they come here.

techblitz

QuoteAll public transport will be free of charge from 9pm on New Year's Eve (31 December) until 5.30am on New Year's morning (1 January).

will be interesting to see how this turns out tonite.Will there be a mad rush to jockey for best positions (b4 9pm) or will a lot take advantage of the free travel (after 9pm).

petey3801

QuoteQueenslanders can go to Sydney and Melbourne and get all-day and multi-day 'rover' tickets.  We rip southerners off when they come here.

Yes, indeed! I spent three days in Melbourne a few weeks ago and couldn't believe the affordability of the public transport system down there! $11.84 cap on weekdays for 2 zones, which takes you all across the Metro network, all trams etc. We even went to Geelong for, wait for it... an extra $2!

Sydney also has the 7 day MyMulti pass, which is $60, which takes you across the entire of the greater Sydney network, down the South Coast, Southern Highlands, out to Bathurst, up the Hunter Valley to Dungog and Scone and everywhere in between! Train, Bus, Ferry, Light Rail... Ends up being a daily cap of $8.57 for unlimited travel!

Whereas here in SEQ, for $8.27, you can go from Caboolture to Central... one way...  :fp:
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

ozbob

Some examples, using post 6 Jan 2014 fares ...  lunch time zoners.

A commuter catches the 524 bus from Curnow St to Goodna rail, train to Roma St.  This is  6 zone journey, peak fare go card adult is $7.05.

So if commuter does this journey to and from work each day, cost for the week is 9 x $7.05 = $63.45  (10th journey home is ' free ' )

If the commuter does a one stop bus ride each lunch time M T W, cost is $2.83, off peak fare go card adult so costs in fares $2.83 x 3 = $8.49

So cost of travel to reach 9 paid journey threshold is $7.05 x 6 = $42.30  + $8.49 = $50.79.

So already ahead $63.45 - $50.79 = $12.66  Person can now though not only travel for free to work Thursday and Fridays and weekends but could do more travel on Thursday and Friday as well for free.

As zone length of journey increases savings become much more significant.

For example a 15 zone journey, peak go card adult  cost $13.78

Do three lunch time zoners costs is $8.49

Cost then $13.78 x 6 = $82.68 + $8.49 = $91.17

Compared to 9 x $13.78 = $124.02 for a standard weekly commute .. so three one stop bus trips at lunch saves $32.85 each week.

You see, the fare system is a farce ... don't get angry, get even ...

Gazza

QuoteI am reminded of the case of a young visiting Victorian couple with two children who caught the bus for a journey of about 4km.  It happened at Noosa.  The wife burst into tears when she was told the paper ticket fare.
Did she burst into tears when she found out the cost of a coffee in Noosa?

ozbob

How the ' two card trick ' can be used for benefit for adult go card.

Here the punter travels by 524 bus to the Goodna rail station and onto Roma Street station.

Two cards, a primary and a secondary.

Board bus, use primary go card for first trip, say Curnow St to Goodna station.  Fare $4.14.

Secondary go card Goodna to Milton.  Fare $6.28.

Primary go card Milton to Roma St. Fare $3.53

Do a lunch time ' zoner ' primary card cost $2.83.

Reverse going home.

So primary card has 5 completed paid journeys.  The total cost of the day is $30.73.

Repeat on Tuesday.  Cost is $26.59.  (last trip is free as 10th journey)

So weekly fare bill is $57.32 using the two cards.

Compared with $63.45 for a standard commute for the week.  9 x $7.05.

Person can now travel free anywhere on the network though for the next 5 days if they do the two card trick ...

Crazy hey?  Don't get angry ... get even .. 

Arnz

Quote from: Gazza on December 31, 2013, 14:57:42 PM
QuoteI am reminded of the case of a young visiting Victorian couple with two children who caught the bus for a journey of about 4km.  It happened at Noosa.  The wife burst into tears when she was told the paper ticket fare.
Did she burst into tears when she found out the cost of a coffee in Noosa?

Or Lunch at anything in Noosa that is not McDonalds or KFC for that matter.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

ozbob

Our go card fare system is laughable ...  besides the massive rip-off it is just wide open to various 'optimisation' strategies ...

The system overall is also wide open to frank fare evasion, something none of us support but that is the cost of the continuing mediocrity ... this in turn just adds to the base fare cost pressures.  A Government and transport bureaucracy that actually cared would have sorted it by now ..

Remember, don't get angry, just get even ...

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

1st January 2014

Re: 'don't get angry, get even' fare campaign

Greetings,

Our go card fare system is laughable ...  besides the massive rip-off it is just wide open to various 'optimisation' strategies ...

The system overall is also wide open to frank fare evasion, something none of us support but that is the cost of the continuing mediocrity ... this in turn just adds to the base fare cost pressures.  A Government and transport bureaucracy that actually cared would have sorted it by now ..

Remember, don't get angry, just get even ...

Happy New Year!

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on December 31, 2013, 07:52:54 AM
Sent to all outlets:

31st December 2013

'don't get angry, get even'  - Go card user education campaign

Good Morning Brisbane Media and others,

Clearly the Newman Government lacks the insight and the concern to sort out the fare system mess in south-east Queensland.

So I am requesting your support to educate citizens on how to use the go card optimally to help minimise the impacts of the savage fare increases.  Once the public en mass wakes up to the absolute shambles the fare system is and extract massive amounts of ' free ' travel, the Government might actually be forced to act in the community's best interests and sort it.

The first point that needs to be stressed is that no one should use paper single tickets.  They are even more expensive (at least 30%) for the equivalent trip with a go card and have time limitations, no free after nine paid journey cap, no off peak fares.  So it is a no-brainer to NOT use them at any cost.  Paper single tickets also help make the mediocre bus network even more inefficient, and adds to costs, more than it need be as well as buses are delayed with paper single purchases on board.

========================================

User tip #1  for Seniors and those on the two paid journey cap

The two card trick. Transferring is only possible from the same or adjoining zone.

So one way of getting two paid journeys completed quickly for Seniors is to have a normal Seniors go card, and a secondary Seniors go card.  For those who are in inner suburbs it is a lot easier to get two paid journeys completed quickly by doing zoners (short journeys) on buses.

However in middle and outer suburbia some innovation is needed. So say someone at Ipswich touches on and commences a journey to Brisbane.  At Darra, break journey and touch off.  Then touch on with secondary go card.  One paid journey is now complete on primary card.  Continue journey to say Milton.  Break journey and touch off with secondary go card.  Touch back on with primary go card (even though time is less than one hour from previous touch off because zone difference greater than one, initiates a new journey), touch off at Roma St or Central and go and have a cup of coffee. Two paid journeys now complete on primary go card. Have a cup of coffee for an hour.  Then you can travel to Gold Coast or wherever for the rest of the day for free. Happy travelling!  A recent example of the two card trick can be seen here --> http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=7374.msg135789#msg135789

The two card trick is also useful for normal go card holders who wish to gain some extra paid journeys on the way the work ...  do your sums.

http://translink.com.au/sites/default/files/assets/resources/tickets-and-fares/go-card/130801-user-guide.pdf

Transferring  tips:
        • A journey is the distance travelled from
        departure to destination. A journey might
        involve several trips using different transport
        modes or routes.
        • A transfer is a change of transport mode or
        route to another service or route at the end of
        a trip to continue a journey.
        • A trip is the distance travelled on one route.
        When you transfer to another route or service
        you're commencing a new trip. You can make
        up to 4 trips within the 1 journey.
        Don't forget:
        • Your journey must continue from the same
        zone or adjoining zone.
        • There is a 1 hour time limit between transfers.
        That means you must touch on to your trip
        within 60 minutes of touching off at the end
        of your previous trip.
        • You must touch on to your final trip within
        3.5 hours of when you started your first trip.
        You have 6 hours to complete the journey.
        • You can transfer up to 3 times across
        all zones.

User tip #2

Lunch time ' zoners '

Anyone on a regular go card who does the traditional commute to and from work can save a lot of money by doing a lunch time one stop bus journey (or rail journey) at lunch time.  Once you complete nine paid journeys in a week (Mon  - Sun) your travel is free.

By completing three paid journeys a day (to work, lunch time journey, to home) you will complete 9 paid journeys when you complete home journey on Wednesday.

You travel free then on Thursday and Friday, and the weekend as desired. Savings can be considerable, particularly if a high zone commute.

===============================

It is rather sad that the failure that is the fare system is allowed to continue, drive people off public transport and continue to worsen fare affordability.

There are real concerns with transport in Queensland.  Bus failures, fare failures and now seriously worsening road congestion.

Time to stand up and be counted.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on December 30, 2013, 21:08:05 PM
Sent to all outlets:

30th December 2013

Greetings,

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

ozbob

Quote from: petey3801 on December 31, 2013, 13:58:30 PM
QuoteQueenslanders can go to Sydney and Melbourne and get all-day and multi-day 'rover' tickets.  We rip southerners off when they come here.

Yes, indeed! I spent three days in Melbourne a few weeks ago and couldn't believe the affordability of the public transport system down there! $11.84 cap on weekdays for 2 zones, which takes you all across the Metro network, all trams etc. We even went to Geelong for, wait for it... an extra $2!

Sydney also has the 7 day MyMulti pass, which is $60, which takes you across the entire of the greater Sydney network, down the South Coast, Southern Highlands, out to Bathurst, up the Hunter Valley to Dungog and Scone and everywhere in between! Train, Bus, Ferry, Light Rail... Ends up being a daily cap of $8.57 for unlimited travel!

Whereas here in SEQ, for $8.27, you can go from Caboolture to Central... one way...  :fp:

Thanks for the feedback, it just goes to show the fare fail in SEQ is real ...

ozbob

ozbob

From the Queensland Times 1st January 2014 page 8

Public transport woes

Gazza

QuoteHow the ' two card trick ' can be used for benefit for adult go card.
QQ, but if many pensioners don't want to get one go card, how would you convince them to use two, and do the trick correctly?

ozbob

I have done some go card 'education' sessions with Seniors.  They sure know what to do after those  ...  ;)

In the end, removing paper might be the best thing for everyone ...

STB

Just doing some quick sums tonight and I can very quickly see just how much financial stress these high fares can give.  Eg: Centrelink pays a maximum of about $500/fortnight, with up to about $105/fortnight in rental assistance, now when you factor in food and drink (to survive) and daily living costs including rent, I can see very quickly how little people can survive with these high fares, even under Go Card.  Especially if they are in between jobs.  Basically you'd be out of money by the end of the week, even in one of the cheapest dwellings.

And of course, job seekers cannot access concession fares to reduce that financial stress.

#Metro

I really think this is something for Today Tonight / A Current Affair. Any plans to log a request with either of these news channels? They LOVE doing Ripoff stories and sometimes will interview an impacted family. I can think that Fares_Fair might be a good subject or other RBOT members (or an affected jobseeker).

Oh yes, and let''s not forget to mention BCC in all of this and some of their hi-waste limosines. I can just see it now, battling family on Centrelink struggling to make ends meet in Inala, then camera switch to 50% air buses, $400 annual subsidies from ratepayers and shots of Hi-Waste Rockets 161 and other services / Empty Maroon Wasteglider parading around Stones Corner and perhaps a camera crew chasing Cr Peter Matic through a Toowong Carpark?  :hg
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

#Metro

Oh look, here are the story idea contact functions!   >:D

Tell us your story
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx

Have you got a story for Today Tonight? Tell us about it here.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/contactus/suggest-a-story/

I think Fares_Fair may be a good candidate, there may be others.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

techblitz

Quote from: Lapdog Transit on January 01, 2014, 22:16:23 PM
I really think this is something for Today Tonight / A Current Affair. Any plans to log a request with either of these news channels? They LOVE doing Ripoff stories and sometimes will interview an impacted family. I can think that Fares_Fair might be a good subject or other RBOT members (or an affected jobseeker).

Oh yes, and let''s not forget to mention BCC in all of this and some of their hi-waste limosines. I can just see it now, battling family on Centrelink struggling to make ends meet in Inala, then camera switch to 50% air buses, $400 annual subsidies from ratepayers and shots of Hi-Waste Rockets 161 and other services / Empty Maroon Wasteglider parading around Stones Corner and perhaps a camera crew chasing Cr Peter Matic through a Toowong Carpark?  :hg

seems like you have a case...no-one is stopping you LD...go for it....or are you just waiting for someone else to give them a ring ::)

STB

Quote from: techblitz on January 01, 2014, 22:40:55 PM
Quote from: Lapdog Transit on January 01, 2014, 22:16:23 PM

seems like you have a case...no-one is stopping you LD...go for it....or are you just waiting for someone else to give them a ring ::)

With that dismissive attitude, why don't you ring them up Tech?  ;)

#Metro

The more people that log it, the more likely they will run it. Numbers!!

ozbob

4BC Newstalk 1116 have scheduled a chat re fares 8.30am this morning ...

ozbob

Thanks 4BC Newstalk and host Chris Adams for the opportunity to raise concerns re the fares.

Amongst many things I was also able to highlight the additional impact on affordability of the loss of periodical tickets.  The removal of yearly, six monthly, 3 monthly, monthly weekly and even daily has added to the overall cost pressures for many.

For example.  A 6 MONTH periodical ticket between Palmwoods and Brisbane cost $1397.60 in 2004.

The equivalent post 6 Jan 2014, 9 peak journeys a week is now $3474.90 on the go card.

This is an increase of around 149% over the 10 year period.   

It is little wonder with the 5 year fare fail since 2010, most folks are now resorting to tricks to try to help reduce the costs of travel in SEQ on a failing network.

techblitz

dreaming..but if they brought back yearly tickets...would be great....people pay up front...within a certain timeframe window..say 2 weeks in beginning of January.....if you don't have the money too bad...will have to wait till the following year....translink gets a huge advanced payment.....all money goes direct into translink high interest earning account.... :fo: :fo: :fo: :fo:

ozbob

I don't think we will see return of the > monthly periodical tickets.  The point I was making is that the loss has compounded the affordability crisis though, over the longer term.  So the impacts of the 5 year fare fail are in actual fact greater than just those increases for many.

Fares_Fair

Quote from: Lapdog Transit on January 01, 2014, 22:19:38 PM
Oh look, here are the story idea contact functions!   >:D

Tell us your story
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx

Have you got a story for Today Tonight? Tell us about it here.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/contactus/suggest-a-story/

I think Fares_Fair may be a good candidate, there may be others.

;)
Regards,
Fares_Fair

STB

Meanwhile in London...

Government set to make profit from rail fares, study shows

QuoteCampaigners say fares income will exceed operating costs by 2018, and call for increases to be calculated in line with CPI

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jan/02/government-profit-rail-fares?CMP=twt_fd

At least we aren't alone, although we're still getting whacked with very high fare increases.

BrizCommuter

QuoteCampaigners say fares income will exceed operating costs by 2018, and call for increases to be calculated in line with CPI

Except our fares are approx. 25% operating costs.

🡱 🡳