• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Redcliffe Light Rail Concept

Started by SteelPan, October 07, 2013, 19:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelPan

any thoughts on the medium-term, say 10yrs, development of a light-rail system from the proposed Kippa-Ring Train Station, through the greater Redcliffe region and over the water [dedicated crossing] to Sandgate Train Station?  :dntk

[apologies if already pasted somewhere]
SEQ, where our only "fast-track" is in becoming the rail embarrassment of Australia!   :frs:

Gazza

Dunno...Redcliffe is fairly uniform in terms of density, apart from a few blocks 5 or so stories high on the waterfront.

I reckon a few trunk BUZ type routes will well and truly do the job.

STB

Only if Redcliffe becomes more denser then I'd probably support it.  Mind you though, it wouldn't surprise me if the Redcliffe peninsula becomes more dense with apartments and commercial / office over the next few decades, it'd make sense to turn Redcliffe, North Lakes, Mango Hill and Deception Bay into a Springfield / Ripley type set up long term with high frequency links along Anzac Avenue, Kippa Ring Station, Redcliffe itself and Sandgate.  Redcliffe was going to be the original settlement way back when Brisbane was first settled, if only it wasn't the hostile aboriginies, lack of a water supply and mozzies, we'd probably have a very different set up to today.

Golliwog

I'm not opposed to it, but for ease of connections and speed on the long straight across Hays Inlet, my preferred option would still be a heavy rail connection. In that case, provided you have the density, I'd still go for running LR around on the peninsula itself.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

🡱 🡳