Queensland UTC +10
Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Links

Author Topic: Petrie to Lawnton Third Track  (Read 1770 times)

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
Petrie to Lawnton Third Track
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Projects/Name/L/Lawnton-to-Petrie-third-track-project.aspx
Ride the G:

Offline nathandavid88

Re: Petrie to Lawnton Third Track
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
Not being overly familiar with the Caboolture line, is this a worthwhile project, or does it ignore a larger problem?

Offline petey3801

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »
Definitely a worthwhile project, it would become a bottleneck if it wasn't completed by the time the MBRL was opened.

Actually, i'll rephrase that... It's definitely a worthwhile project, if it's done properly!.
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

Offline HappyTrainGuy

• My train... My people... My money!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
Its needed for the MBRL/NWTC. It should also stop that bitch of a traffic jam every morning  :-r
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:06:59 AM by HappyTrainGuy »
"What housing crisis?? There are plenty of free mobile apartments rolling around on the rails every day"

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »
At least it's being done, but it really should involve 4 tracks from the start.

Indeed, it should involve 4 tracks all the way to Strathpine and complete station upgrades (full length platform raising for Petrie, Lawnton, Bray Park and Strathpine), and I would even suggest redesigning Lawnton and Bray Park so they have only 2 platforms on what would be the local (Kippa-Ring) tracks.
Ride the G:

Offline HappyTrainGuy

• My train... My people... My money!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
I think sf was referencing to a quad to Strathpine from Petrie.
"What housing crisis?? There are plenty of free mobile apartments rolling around on the rails every day"

Offline SurfRail

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
At least it's being done, but it really should involve 4 tracks from the start.

Indeed, it should involve 4 tracks all the way to Strathpine and complete station upgrades (full length platform raising for Petrie, Lawnton, Bray Park and Strathpine), and I would even suggest redesigning Lawnton and Bray Park so they have only 2 platforms on what would be the local (Kippa-Ring) tracks.

If Trouts Road has the slightest chance of getting up, building four tracks to Strathpine would be a waste of resources. Perhaps Quad it nth of Strathpine to Lawton/Petrie to enable passing and positioning.

Yeah, quad from Strathpine to Petrie only was what I meant.  I don't believe Strathpine to Northgate needs any extra tracks, further in perhaps depending on what happens.
Ride the G:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan